Business Development Manager
Accolade is seeking a high performing and motivated Business Development Manager to support the Business Development activity and ongoing management of Accolade’s partners. In this new and fast paced role, the Business Development Manager will support activities across the full breadth of platform partners. This role will successfully support a shared vision through partnership and collaboration with other internal functional areas and stakeholders to ensure alignment and execution of the partnerships and associated sales opportunities. Areas of focus will include engagement with potential and existing partners that provide services to large employers.
The Business Development Manager role offers exceptional professional development opportunities in a building out of the business development, marketing and sales organizations. Working with our senior leaders, functional managers as well as key leaders in the strategic distribution organizations, the Business Development Manager will help shape current and future distribution partnerships.
A Day in the Life...
- What does the day to day of the role look like?
- Develop, project manage and execute platform partner launch plans (internal and external)
- Coordinate the development and execution of partner operating plans where coordination with Accolade counterparts is required (marketing, product development, operations, sales)
- Develop and coordinate the annual sales plan for platform partners
- Develop and maintain a profile including a relationship map for partners and ensure cross-functional relationships get developed across functional areas and executive mgmt
- Working with the Sales enablement team, coordinate the preparation, completion and submission of all RFI / RFP’s originating from partners.
- Serve as a resource to support the entire sales team on a as needed basis
- Assist with all aspects of a partner relationship including but not limited to:
- Meeting Planning
- Reporting of results
- Coordination with other internal teams to create plans and deliver results (marketing, sales, product, ops)
- Ensure accurate and timely compliance with CRM (SalesForce.com)
- Work with Customer Partnership team (account mgmt.) to identify opportunities to enhance relationships with strategic partners.
- What do you need to bring to the table to be successful in this role?
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in strategic partnerships, business development experience preferred
- Must have experience working in a matrix environment to support and influence others including peers, managers and leaders
- 1-3 years of strong project management experience required
- Knowledge and experience with SalesForce.com
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills including business case modeling, Excel modeling and integrated work planning
- Experience and comfort working in an agile, emerging and fast paced environment
- Ability to work with external partners and effectively represent the organization
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across organization to support new approaches and work to build consensus
- Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate product vision and roadmap to stakeholders
Who we are
Accolade is a rapidly growing company with the goal of helping clients get better health care in a way that delights them and saves them and their employer money. We do that by simplifying the complex array of health care and health benefit services that large Fortune 500 corporations offer to their employees. By helping individual employees and their families through the many decisions concerning health care and health benefits, and by simplifying their ability to access the right services at the right time, we help get employees and their families better care, save them time and money, and reduce the cost of medical benefits for their employers. We do this by providing each family with a professional Health Assistant who knows them, understands their benefits and helps them navigate the health care system in a way that reduces the many process errors that drive unproductive care.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top