Business Development Director
The Business Development Director is responsible for creating sales leads for an assigned territory.
A Day in the Life...
- Identifies key broker/consulting offices within a territory
- Develops and executes a broad awareness plan
- Consistently identifies opportunities, develops sales strategy in conjunction with the sales directors
- Identifies, develops and retains new business relationships
- Effectively presents Accolade’s offerings to brokers and consultants
- Effectively leverages Accolade executives, the pre-sales team and services staff to support broker/consultant presentations
- Develops and executes strategies to generate sales leads
- Develops a pipeline brokers and consultants likely to produce leads and sales in alignment with objectives that are established annually
- Develops and maintains an effective sales and market penetration plan for assigned territory
- Documents all broker and consultant contacts and activities in Accolade’s sales tools and systems resulting in a territory “heat map”
- Executes against a partnership arrangement
- Executes a partner launch plan
- Solicits product and market feedback from brokers, consultants and partners. Communicates this feedback to sales leadership, marketing and the product development team (feature requests, market trends, competition intelligence, new opportunities)
- Complies with all corporate policies and completes all administrative tasks on time
- BA in a business or technical related area of study
- Minimum 5 years of strategic selling or wholesaler experience
- Experience selling complex, multi-stakeholder solutions. SaaS, health & welfare benefits, healthcare capital equipment, healthcare IT, health and welfare benefits outsourcing, human resources IT benefits software
- Ability to pass a background check
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Embraces and thrives in a culture of transparency, accountability and trust
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, prioritize work and coordinate multiple tasks within tight time constraints
- Ability to navigate the strategic levels of customer organizations, identify key decision-makers, build relationships with senior executives and schedule meetings with key stakeholders
- Ability to establish strong team relationships in a matrix organization
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Possess account knowledge, executive-level customer contacts and industry relationships inside the employer market space
- Command of social media for the benefit of lead generation, gaining access to executives and networking with key stakeholders
- Strong aptitude with business software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc)
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate complex contract
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue
- Flexibility in work schedule is required
- Various means of travel are required, including air travel
Critical Performance Competencies:
- Intelligent, professional, competent, effective strategic sales professional that maintains a high level of relevant customer engagement
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships with associates and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Persists despite obstacles, objections, opposition or set-backs
- A problem solver that conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues and opportunities to closure in a timely manner
Values we admire
- We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
- You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Who we are
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top