The Actuarial Team calculates claim savings and communicates Accolade’s share of these savings to each client. Your role will be to provide support to the Senior Actuary & Chief Actuary in developing ways to measure the value being created by Accolade Health Assistants.
A Day in the Life...
What does the day to day of the role look like:
- Calculate and explain variances in the administrative and claims savings based on each client’s contractual requirements including identifying emerging patterns or issues in the analysis.
- Communicate results both internally and externally to client partners and work with those partners to facilitate understanding, as well as reconcile any discrepancies between Accolade data sources and calculation results and client data sources and results.
- Verify the accuracy of claims and census data used in savings calculations by reconciling claims in the Accolade data warehouse with other sources of claims data provided by health plans.
- Perform other value add analytical research and calculations as necessary.
What kind of projects will you support?
- Data-driven and fact-based: Focusing on getting to the best answer for our clients and our shareholders.
What key things will you accomplish?
- Be looked to as an expert for calculating claims savings.
- Manage our communications, ensuring they’re simple, clear, and concise
- Build strong skills around emotional intelligence, demonstrated influencing skills, negotiation, and organizational agility.
What do you need to bring to the table to be successful in this role?
- BA/BS, MS or MBA degree in a quantitative field such as: Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Applied Mathematics, or related field.
- FSA actuarial professional designation, will consider ASA with equivalent work experience.
- 7 - 10 years of actuarial experience within the healthcare industry.
Who we are
We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Where it all began…
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top