Accolade Mission Summary
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
A Day in the Life...
The Director of Customer Partnerships works closely with the General Manager/VP of Customer Partnerships, Customer Operations, Product Marketing and Product Development to ensure that our customers have high satisfaction with our services and the value received, are strong advocates in the marketplace and are expanding their business with Accolade.
The Director of Customer Partnerships will manage all aspects of the customer relationship including strategy, retention, renewals and product and membership expansions, and will work with the internal Accolade teams to deliver on customer expecations of value and satisfaction. Our Director of Customer Partnerships will also build and extend relationships with partners and suppliers to our customers, including consultants and brokers, health plans, technology providers and other healthcare point solution companies, as part of our service to our customers’ membership.
- Understand customer strategies and priorities to determine how Accolade product offerings align to customer needs and integrate with other customer benefit and clinical offerings
- Lead customer account planning process based on understanding of customer’s goals and objectives
- Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders, decision makers and influencers throughout the customer organization
- Meet regularly with customers and influencers to review results, including satisfaction, value delivered and overall ROI
- Build customer knowledge in Accolade product and value being delivered to build support and advocacy for the Accolade solution both within the customer and externally in the market (references, case studies, speaking engagements and/or media)
- Serve as voice of customer into Accolade to communicate priorities and strategic intent to influence Product prioritization
- Lead customer retention, renewal and expansion strategies, including identification of opportunities to expand membership or product offerings
- Lead customer contracting activities, leveraging appropriate experts in Legal, Finance, Customer Operations and other areas of the business to create profitable deal shapes
- Partner with Customer Operations to understand customer results, areas of improvement and prioritization of efforts to achieve committed revenue and ROI
- Work closely with Customer Implementations, Product Marketing, Product Development and Customer Operations to manage customer expectations with respect to delivery of new initiatives, solutions and programs
Who we are
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years progressive experience in relationship development and management working with executives and decision makers in complex customer environments
- Successful experience in health services, employer health benefits, health benefits consulting, health management consulting, health advocacy or wellness solutions highly desirable.
- Significant experience in all stages of the customer lifecycle from new product introduction to launch to successful renewal / expansion
- Demonstrated ability to manage across customer accounts with highly satisfied clients
- Ability to effectively communicate Accolade product and value story in a variety of settings including; formal presentations, meetings, and one on one with a variety of audiences (senior executives, HR/benefits, finance leaders, medical, and teams)
- Expertise in financial negotiations and growing revenue in a defined book of business
- Ability to work effectively with others within the organization to identify and resolve customer issues while balancing the company and customer needs
- Shares our passion for delivering results with a solution combining compassion, science and technology
- Strong desire to lead in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Habitual learner; motivated by understanding customer strategy and priorities and determining fit with current and future offerings
- Relishes being in front of customers at all levels, educating on solutions and sharing new insights in value being delivered
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills and ability to work well independently yet remain tightly connected into the larger organization
- Roll up your sleeves mindset; works to make change happen within the customer and internal organization
- Background working with MS Office tools (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook) and collaboration software a must
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Customer Partnerships Manager
Lara ensures that every Accolade customer, whether an employer or health plans partner, understands the value of Accolade services—and gets the best service possible.
Back to top