Federal - UI Engineer
- Washington, DC
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. Ready to learn as much as you can? We'll give you numerous opportunities of formal & informal training sessions to keep your tech smarts sharp.
The User Interface (UI) Developers will design and implement highly visual and interactive web applications. These applications will support next generation defense and intelligence operations with a focus on incorporating machine learning insights to automate and scale analysis. Teams will be working in an Agile development environment and expected to identify and mitigate risks and bottlenecks associated with big data environments.
• Perform human factors engineering and UI development activities associated with designing, developing, and enhancing applications
• Write code to interface with a variety of APIs to exchange data, settings, and initiate processing, and consult with API developers to define endpoints and workflows
• Conduct cognitive task analyses with analysts to understand their analytic workflows, develop sketches and wireframes (e.g., inspired by commercial designs), and iterate through sketches and wireframes with analysts to optimize the user experience
• When appropriate, develop prototypes from wireframe design concepts and evaluate them with users to collect feedback and incorporate feedback into the sprint backlog
• Participate in sprint review demonstrations to gather analyst feedback
• Collaborate with other scrum teams to share user experience best practices and lessons learned and with the Training and Outreach team to update user training materials to reflect new and modified user interfaces
• Provide human factors and application inputs to engineering artifacts
• Uses processes and tools that support the DevSecOps pipeline including JIRA, Git, Junit, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and Artifactory
• Troubleshoot technical issues and recommend appropriate action
Here's what you need:
• Bachelor's degree or comparable years of experience in a science or engineering field
• Ability to review and maintain existing code and applications
• Ability to research and evaluate new concepts and processes to improve performance
US citizenship required, dual citizens not eligible
Bonus points if you have:
• Experience with troubleshooting cross browser compatibility issues
• DOD8570 IAT Level 1 or 2 certified (A+, Security+, etc. certification)
Applicants for employment in the US must havework authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of avisa for employment authorization in the United States and with AccentureFederal Services.
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO andAffirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals withDisabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall bemade without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin,ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genderidentity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship statusor any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclosesealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiringprocess.
Accenture Federal Services is committed toproviding veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by aclient of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible forconsideration.
An active security clearance or the ability toobtain one may be required for this role.
DC,DC - Washington
Back to top