Federal - SQL DBA
- Colorado Springs, CO
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The role and responsibilities will include the following as well as any other assigned duties:
- Administer, develop, test, or demonstrate databases
- Perform many related database functions across one or more teams or clients, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery and configuration management
- Install database management systems (DBMS) and provide input for modification of procedures and documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance
- Developing SQL reporting queries
- Troubleshooting database issues
- Database performance tuning
- SQL statement tuning
- Reviewing and Implementing Database design changes
- Coding (procedures, functions, packages, triggers, etc.)
Basic Skills & Qualifications:
- 4 years or more experience in writing and tuning SQL queries
- 4 years or more experience in IT Delivery and/or Operations experience
- 4 years or more of SQL coding / scripting experience
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years experience in lieu of degree
- Able to work flexible schedule/weekends if needed
- United States Citizenship required (no dual citizenship)
- Certified SQLServer DBA
- Certified Oracle DBA
- Performance Testing experience
- Knowledgeable with SQLServer as well as Oracle databases
- Knowledgeable in networking
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top