Federal - Software Developer (Pega Training Provided)
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Software Developer Job Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and maintains a case management system. (No Pega experience required initially. Will receive Pega training while on the job and obtain Certified System Architect (CSA) and Certified Senior System Architect (CSSA) certifications.)
- Study and translate requirements into Pega code/software via the software development life cycle.
- Tests, debugs and refines the Pega software to produce the required product.
- Enhances software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
- Works with Business Analysts and users to define existing or new system scope and objectives.
- Performs modifications to and maintenance of operational programs and procedures.
- Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to hardware changes, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new programs or modifications of existing ones.
Basic Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of Testing and deploying programs and systems
- 2+ years of fixing and improving existing software via new development and defect resolution
- Local resource who can work on-site in Northeast (NE) Washington, DC
- Willingness to attend a Pega Bootcamp as well as obtain the Certified System Architect (CSA) and Certified Senior System Architect (CSSA) certifications.(To be provided to the hired candidate).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
DC,DC - Washington
Meet Some of Accenture Federal Services's Employees
Aleathia D.Change Management & Communications
Aleathia works within the change management group to manage communication with federal clients through their contracts.
Back to top