Federal - Senior Software Engineer
- Reston, VA
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Reston, VA
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. Ready to learn as much as you can? We'll give you numerous opportunities from informal training sessions to courses and certifications to keep your tech smarts sharp.
Passionate about the latest trends in tech. You want to support thegroundworkof a technology business. And you enjoy working across different areas of a software system. Driven by curiosity, you're always looking to dive deep into new technologies andmeaningfully apply them. You want to make an impact and improve the way the world works.
- Develop, design, and test software across various technical areas
- Work with senior engineers to build development skills
- Perform as a prime developer for distributed systems
- Advise on technology advancements and develop enhancements
- Integrate business processes with infrastructure and with stakeholders to deliver solutions
Read more of the job description
Here's what you need:
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical major such as Computer Science
• Minimum 5 years of experience with developing code for a distributed programming system with one or more: C#, .NET, Python, Java, C++
• Demonstrated experience working on programs using software engineering practices and coding
Bonus Points if:
• Experience creating, developing, delivering, deploying, maintaining online services
• Experience with multi-threaded/parallel programming
• Proven ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software
• Extensive knowledge and experience designing for operability
• Experience in developing in the cloud (AWS/Azure/Google)
• Ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks
• Interest or exposure to networking technologies/concepts such as Software Defined Networking (SDN) and OpenFlow.
• Experience with TCP/IP, BGP, ANYCAST, IS-IS
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services. Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Equal Employment Opportunity: All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process. Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration. An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Back to top