Federal - Senior SAP Application Developer CP*
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Baltimore, MD
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The SAP Application Developer is responsible for technical analysis, design/modeling, coding, debugging/troubleshooting, and testing of RICEF components. The SAP Application Developer is involved in maintenance, enhancement and/or development work application modules and interfaces with other applications. The SAP Application Developer has a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies used and applications supported. The SAP Application Developer is required to participate in pager/on-call support. The SAP Application Developer will estimate software development cost and schedule.
- Work with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members and executives on and across the project team.
- Plan and execute all required process steps as defined in our and client methodologies.
- Provide SAP application development support in a timely manner.
- Analyze, design/model, code, and test break/fix requests and enhancements to SAP modules.
- Work with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members to gather and interpret functional user/system requirements into technical design specifications.
- Develop technical system specifications for SAP components.
- Design SAP components to technical programming standards.
- Provide support toward installation of application releases into production as directed.
- Coordinate and participate in structured peer reviews / walkthroughs.
- Create operational documentation.
- Perform system, interface, and batch monitoring as required
- Meet service commitments for assigned deliverables and proactively provide work status.
- Continuously develop industry knowledge and associated skills.
- 10+ years of SAP Developer experience
- Experience Supporting one or more of the following SAP Modules: MM, PP, FI/CO
- Experience Supporting one or more of the following SAP Business Processes: PR, PO, Invoice, Receipts, Vendor Master, Discrete Manufacturing, Cataloging and Provisioning, Product Master Management, Technical Data Management, Funds Management, CAMS Interfaces, Production Orders
- Technical development experience in following languages/technologies/methods: ABAP (ECC 6.0 or later), BAPIs, LSMWs, IDoc based Interfaces, ABAP Query, User Exit Development, ALV Controls, ABAP Objects
- Experience with one or more of the following: ANSI X12, DLMS, MILSTRIP
- 2+ years of experience supporting one or more of the following Business Processes: Contract Writing, MIPR Processes, MILS Requisitioning/Returns, Constructive Receipt, DoD Funding, Provisioning, BOMs, Repair Parts and Special Tools List (RPSTL), Material Master, Supply Support Request Process, Weapons System Support Program, Plant Creation/Maintenance/Extension, DoD Unique Data, Price Updates, BW and Reporting, Interchangeability & Substitutability, Month End Processes, Year End Processes, PADDS and SPS Contracting, Data Migrations
- Exposure to Production Application Support including system, interface, and batch monitoring
- Understanding of Supply Chain processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience Supporting and/or interfacing one or more of the following SAP Modules: SD, MM, PR, FI/CO, BW, Middleware/PI, EWM, SCM, PS, QM, IM, FM
- Technical development experience in any of the following technologies: S/4 HANA, Web-Dynpro programming
- Experience with SAFe / Agile development
- Experience Identifying & applying OSS notes
- US Federal Government IT Software Development experience with a focus on Logistics
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top