Federal - Scrum Master
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
This role is responsible for the planning and ensuring the execution of the project work activities is in accordance with client requirements, schedule and budget. The Scrum Master will be working with business stakeholders, project teams and other personnel to coordinate efforts of team members and contractors to deliver on implementation deadlines.
What you will be doing as a Scrum Master?
- Driving continuous improvements for the delivery teams.
- Facilitating project teams to resolve impediments, create culture of openness and collaboration.
- Coordinate project activities across agile teams to deliver value, support the Product Owner and Program Manager with agile toolset, project support and priorities.
- Leveraging data to measure and track performance results and monitor progress across project lifecycle.
- Managing sprint reviews, scrum ceremonies and backlog to satisfy project requirements. Coach team members and project stakeholders in agile best practices to realize fullest potential for delivery.
+ Basic qualifications
What you will be doing?
- Minimum 5 years of general project work experience
- Minimum 2 years agile experience
- Minimum 2 years experience with agile framework including JIRA, Confluence, and similar tools
- Must have one of following certifications: PMI Agile Certified Professional, Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner, Certified Scrum Professional, IC Agile Certified Professional
- Minimum 2 years agile experience with leading scrum teams and all ceremonies (daily standup meetings, sprint planning, sprint review, sprint retrospective, create JIRA user stories, dashboard, track and manage work in progress)
- Must have BS / BA degree
- U.S. citizenship required
- Experience and ability to perform responsibilities of a Business Analyst in support of the product owner
- Ability to analyze existing system documentation, summarize existing system functionality as it relates to the project at hand and work with Product Owner to define new functionality
- Understanding of basic system technologies as they relate to the project deliverables
- WCAG 2.0 and/or Section 508 understanding and testing experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills and leadership ability
- Demonstrated experience to act as a change agent to promote Agile practices and processes
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability; ability to work with Java technology stack
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top