Federal - PeopleSoft Application Development Analyst
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: San Antonio, TX
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company that helps clients transform bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes. We serve every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Our 9,000 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and health to make a difference for the people they employ, serve, and protect.
The San Antonio Delivery Center is part of the Accenture's US Delivery Center organization, which is comprised of six delivery centers that create client value through innovative technology solutions primarily focused in Application Outsourcing, ERP solutions, Information Management Services, and Net Centric solutions.
Our San Antonio Delivery Center employees can expect to:
- work with cutting edge technology
- deliver high-quality solutions across multiple industries
- work on a variety of projects ranging in both size and scope
- receive continuous training and career development
- Design/manage medium- to high-complexity technical solutions from a functional design specification
- Develop and adapt technical solutions/options into detailed technical design documents, complete with pseudo-code where appropriate, ensuring all functional requirements are met in the technical design
- Provide and ensure that all development standards are taken into consideration in the functional and technical design/solution phase
- Review technical designs with technical team, functional team and performance team (where appropriate) to ensure that solution is modular and has the appropriate level of scalability for the given architecture.
- Have an extensive understanding of the functionality and test data that will be required to Build/Unit Test/Assembly Test/System Test the customization
- Construct/review code based on a technical design, following all development standards
- Unit test all functional and technical requirements and document into Unit Test Plan
- Complete Build and Unit Test by deadlines assigned
- Perform/manage functional walkthroughs with developers and functional owner to ensure completeness
- Ensure migration standards set by technical architecture team are followed, including any required installation documentation
- Ensure/review all code is well documented and can be navigated by others in the next phase (testing)
- Understand and apply the Accenture development and testing methodology (e.g., understand and review requirements of ticket or service request, code, code review, unit test prep, unit test review, and team lead review)
- Develop and demonstrate functional and technical understanding of client's business processing in areas of assignment
- Understand how own work units/modules integrate with other work units and with the system as a whole
- Supervise the analysis, design, code and implemented changes to resolve break/fix issues to resolve and close tickets. Ensure that appropriate communication related to these issues as outlined in service levels is maintained
- Establish professional relationships and communicate effectively with both client personnel and Accenture team members, raising issues and providing solutions/suggestions where appropriate to resolve functional and technical issues
- Lead, mentor, and assist other team members when appropriate by actively sharing knowledge
- Possess project management skills (task lists, estimating skills, status reporting, issue management, risk management, etc.)
- Identify, address and provide solutions to open issues related to tickets and Service Requests
- Create/build custom reports and on-line pages.
- Maintain and modify existing customizations and modifications.
- 2+ years of experience working in an PeopleSoft product suite development environment
- US Citizenship required (Dual Citizenship not eligible for consideration)
- 1+ year of experience Crystal Reports and/or XML Publisher
- 1+ year of Asset Management business knowledge.
- Development experience required in 3 or more of the following PeopleSoft product suite development tools:
- DMS Scripts
- PeopleSoft Reports (SQR, Crystal, BI Publisher)
- PeopleSoft Tools
- Application Engine, Tuxedo
- Enterprise Portal
- PeopleSoft Workflow
- PeopleSoft 9.x Technical Architecture
- PeopleSoft Application Server, File Server, File Directories
- 1+ year of experience managing another resource's work.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Database - 8i, 9i, 10g or Exadata
- Experienced with Integration Broker
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail and organization
- Strong ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top