Federal - Natural Language Processing Science Director
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
We're seeking a Science Director in the area of Natural Language Processing who wants to apply their skills to work at the leading edge of automation in public sector industries such as customer care, healthcare, social media, and legal and compliance solutions, and want to make their innovations real. We work on problems which are at the intersection of natural language processing, machine learning, and graph analytics. We apply deep learning, transfer learning, graph modelling, and computational linguistic techniques to novel domains. We are looking for skilled, dedicated people who believe their contributions can make the world more productive and a better place to live.
The Natural Language Processing Science Director will work with other data scientists to explore, innovate and advance the fields of artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing across the multiple public sector clients that Accenture Federal serves. The Natural Language Processing Science Director will be part of innovative projects where natural language processing analytics will lead to increased efficiencies in agencies served by Accenture Federal Services. They will apply machine learning and other techniques to design and prototype intelligent, real-world applications that intelligently extract understanding from text and/or audio sources. They will keep abreast of the latest developments in the field by participating in conferences and other venues and can champion promising, new methods to explore. They will proactively identify new areas of research and in partnership with domain teams develop value-based proposals for investment.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop clinical NLP methods that ingest large unstructured data sets, separate signal from noise, and provide insights that directly improve our analytics platform
- Interrogate analytical results to resolve algorithmic success, robustness and validity
- Automate complex decision models and build data pipelines for ML and NLP leveraging unstructured voice and text data and interpreting model results for end users
- A passion to teach and train other data scientists to expand and develop a center of excellence
- Analyze and model structured and unstructured data using advanced statistical methods and create structured data from unstructured conversational voice
- Ability to perform one or more of the following core domain skills: machine learning (ML), natural language (NLP), texting mining, and statistical methods such as classification, association rules, sentiment, topic modeling, time-series, statistical inference, and validation methods
- Ability to communicate complex models and methods to non-technical staff and business leads
- Work with a range of structured and unstructured data sources
- Build, Improve and extend NLP capabilities.
- Research and evaluate new/different approaches to NLP problems.
- Produce deliverable results and take them from development to production in collaboration with our engineers.
- MS with 3 years experience or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computation Linguistics or a related field
- Experience with a variety of NLP methods for information extraction, topic modeling, parsing, and relationship extraction
- Experience with knowledge databases and language ontologies
- Reproducible research methods
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Proficiency in R and/or Python for both quantitative analysis and data engineering, and at least one open-source NLP toolkit such as OpenNLP, CoreNLP, gensim, NLTK, etc.
- Expertise in at least 3 of the following: Sentiment Analysis, Entity Extraction, Document Classification, Topic Modeling, Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and Natural Language Generation (NLG)
- Strong understanding of text pre-processing and normalization techniques, such as tokenization, POS tagging and parsing and how they work at a low level
- Expertise in producing, processing, evaluating and utilizing training data
- Good understanding of linguistics and language as a phenomenon
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and its subfields.
- Experience with Deep Learning and Word Embeddings
- Experience with open-source NLP toolkits such as CoreNLP, OpenNLP, NLTK, gensim, LingPipe, Mallet, etc.
- Experience with noisy and/or unstructured textual data (e.g. tweets)
- Published work in academic conferences/journals or industry circles
- Experience with one or more of Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning or Deep Learning through research projects, internships, and/or thesis research
- Must be an out-of-the-box problem solver, capable of proposing novel solutions to problems, performing experiments to show feasibility of their solutions and working to refine the solutions into a real-world context
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top