Federal - Java Developer
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
What you will be doing as a Java Developer :
- Applying knowledge of common, relevant architecture frameworks in defining and evaluating application architectures.
- Performing code reviews and providing critical suggestions for fixes and improvements.
- Supporting issue analysis and fix activities during test phases, as well as production issue resolution.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning Java-based applications.
- Developing and demonstrating a broad set of technology skills in Java technologies, Service Oriented Architecture concepts, Open Source libraries and frameworks, and technology architecture concepts.
- Collaborating within a project team comprised of talented employees with diverse and complementary skills.
+ Basic qualifications
What we are looking for?
- Minimum 3 years of client-facing work experience developing in Java
- Minimum 3 years of work experience with JEE or other Java frameworks (e.g. Spring)
- Minimum 3 years of work experience using Java development tools (e.g. Eclipse, JUnit, Git)
- Minimum 2 years of work experience with relational or other database platforms, SQL or other query languages
- Experience with Java Application Servers such as Red Hat JBoss
- Experience with data modeling and ORM tools (e.g. Hibernate)
- Architecture design experience using common design patterns
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) components in solutions
- Experience working in a DevSecOps environment, using tools such as Jenkins and Ansible in CI/CD pipelines
- Performance testing and tuning
- Previous consulting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Science
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture Federal Services's Employees
Sarah S.Business Strategy Manager
Sarah leads Accenture Federal Services’ clients through digital transformations. From technology modernization to public relations support, Sarah and her team serve as trusted advisors with a relentless focus on outcomes.
Back to top