Federal - Information System Security Engineer (ISSE)
- Arlington, VA
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 9,000 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) serves as a principal advisor on all matters to the Client Data Protection Director, CISO, and Portfolio Commercial Directors. Such matters, technical and non-technical, involve the security of Information Systems (IS) under his/her purview. Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of the Information Assurance (IA) program as stipulated by various USG requirements including (but not limited to) NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG/D, ICD 503 and associated NIST publications, and customer/contract specific IA & Cybersecurity regulations. Provide SME Information Security support to Client Account Leads and supported programs and projects as directed. Duties include managing components of the IA program related to information systems security and Client Data Protection, and delivering information systems security education and awareness training. Assist with the sustainment/operationalization of the Client Data Protection for Classified (CDP-C) program, to include the coordination and completion of Program Security Plans. Interfaces with other IA and security team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel, and government security representatives
- 10 years of experience across a range of information and cyber security domains with experience in one or more of the following:
- US Federal Government C&A / A&A / RMF practices and policies, particularly FISMA and NIST SP 800-Series
- Developing complex security packages supporting Certification and Accreditation (C&A)/Assessment and Authorization (A&A) and IT security risk analysis/mitigation
- Developing System Security Plans in accordance with NIST processes and/or Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
- Performing or leading system analysis, system audits, system monitoring, security control assessment/testing (or ST&E), risk management, incident response
- Secure Application Development (e.g. DevSecOps)
- Cloud implementations (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience in accreditation and assuring systems compliance with all required security controls as defined by NIST security policies (ISSO/ISSM duties)
- Familiarity with DoD's Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification and NIST 800-171
U.S. Citizenship Required
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top