Federal - Functional Business Support Analyst
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA or Chantilly, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Functional Business Support (FBS) team serves AFS as an internal business architect for our financial systems, providing functional expertise, project management and integration across process areas to ensure the people, processes, and technology remain Fit for Federal.
The FBS Team is organized by towers in order to leverage deep skills and maintain strong working relationships across AFS functional and business teams. An FBS Analyst will support delivering FBS mission within their areas of expertise as well as through projects & strategic initiatives:
Tower 1: Accounting Systems Tower is responsible for monitoring the monthly close and ensuring coordination between AFS and Accenture LLP financial and accounting systems. (Time & Expense and Labor & Leave process areas)
Tower 2: The Projects Tower is responsible for Sales to Cash, Forecasting and Pricing process areas.
Tower 3: The Organization Tower is responsible for Record to Report, Requisition to Pay and Indirect Rate Budget process areas.
Tower 4: The Cross Finance Reporting and Operations Tower is responsible for AFS-wide reporting, Security, and Internal Controls process areas.
FBS Analyst Responsibilities Include:
- ensure the people, process and technology solution remains Fit for Federal
- lead continuous improvement opportunities and support business case development for enhancements as process re-engineer
- manage the application security approval process, SOD and audits
- review all master data and configuration changes to retain business continuity in system/process
- manage the change control process for Procedures, Manuals and Controls, assessing cross-business impact
- contribute to business involvement and ensure functional integrity for all releases
- drive resolution of escalated defects and Root Cause Analysis
- provide content knowledge for cross-business functional training
+ Basic qualifications
- 1 year of exposure to one or more of the following process areas: Record to Report, Sales to Cash, Requisition to Pay, Forecasting, Budgeting & Pricing, and Time and Expense
- 6 months of exposure to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Bachelor's Degree (Accounting or Finance a plus)
- US Citizenship
- Ability to lead small defined initiative, effort, processes, etc.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint, TM1, CER and/or Qlikview
- Proficient in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to work creatively, analytically and independently in a problem-solving environment
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top