Federal - Entry Level Java/OOP Development Associate++
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: San Antonio, TX
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The San Antonio Innovation & Technology Delivery Center (SADC) is part of the Accenture's US Delivery Center organization, which is comprised of six delivery centers that create client value through innovative technology solutions primarily focused in Application Outsourcing, ERP solutions, Information Management Services, and Net Centric solutions.
Our SADC employees can expect to:
- work with cutting edge technology
- deliver high-quality solutions across multiple industries
- work on a variety of projects ranging in both size and scope
- receive continuous training and career development
The System [Custom/Java] Development Associate will primarily be skilled/trained in Java but must have the ability and desire to work across relevant Custom technologies. Technologies include (not extensive):
- Open Source Frameworks
- Content Management Systems
- Configuration Management
Creating Value for our Clients:
- Design and implementation of analyses that will identify requirements related to people, processes and technology
- Design and develop applications based on technical/functional design documents. Includes hands-on involvement in crafting, coding, testing of program modules
- Creation, execution and documentation of tests necessary to ensure that an application or technical environment meets performance requirements (technical, functional, and user interface)
- Assess and resolve non-standard/standard issues/problems largely on own initiative
- Maintenance, repair and performance tuning applications
- End user support activities
- Manage own work product, schedules, and deliverables
- Assigned and accountable for specific areas or responsibility/deliverables
- Ability to identify, assess and provide resolution of complex issues and problems
- Makes decisions within the parameters set by manager, using job experience
- Seeks advice and escalates issues when faced with tasks/problems outside normal scope of job
- Participate in and support performance management and capability development and training.
- Prioritize and oversee activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Directly supervise or co-ordinate the work of others
- Coaches inexperienced team members and provides advice and suggestion to issues and problems
- 4 Year Degree OR 2 Year Technical Associate's Degree or 4 Years of Active Military Experience OR 1 Year of Relevant Work Experience with no education
- US Citizen - No Dual Citizenship
- 6 months Java development experience utilizing web based applications such as J2EE, JDK, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, and HTML
- 4 Year Degree in Computer Science or related IT field
- Ability to contribute to higher performing, motivated workgroup by applying interpersonal and collaboration skills to achieve project goals and realize value
- Ability to contribute to the creation of an environment that facilitates high performance and motivates individuals to work collaboratively as a team
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to complete task on set budgetary parameters and targets
- Validated ability to work independently and as a team member
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top