Federal - Entry Level Java Developer Analyst
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: San Antonio, TX
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The System [Custom/Java] Development Analyst is involved hands on in designing, coding, enhancing and testing of software applications to meet business process requirements. She/he applies functional knowledge and technical expertise in the implementation of configuration changes and maintenance of software applications.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Design and develop applications based on technical/functional design documents. Includes hands on involvement in designing, coding and testing of program modules
- Development of technical design documents (specifications) based on functional design documents (business requirements)
- Assess and resolve non-standard/standard issues/problems largely on own initiative
- Creation, execution and documentation of tests necessary to ensure that an application or technical environment meets performance requirements (technical, functional and user interface)
- Maintenance, repair and performance tuning of applications
- Manage own work product, schedules and deliverables
- Makes decisions within parameters set by manager, using job experience
- Seeks advice and escalates issues when faced with tasks/problems outside normal scope of job
- Open Source Frameworks
- Content Management Systems
- Configuration Management
- Bachelor's Degree or 2 years of IT work experience or Relevant IT Certification
- 6 months+ working hands-on with Java & OOP design either in school or professional experience
- US Citizen - No Dual Citizenship
- 4 year computer science degree
- 1+ years Java development experience utilizing web-based applications such as J2EE, JDK, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, and HTML
- Ability to contribute to a high-performing, motivated workgroup by applying interpersonal and collaboration skills to achieve project goals and realize value
- Ability to contribute to the creation of an environment that facilitates high performance and motivates individuals to work collaboratively as a team
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top