Federal - Deltek Payroll Systems Specialist
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA or Chantilly, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 9,000 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Deltek Payroll Systems Specialist is a part of the Time Admin/Labor Processing Team within the Controllership organization that directly supporting the Time Admin Lead across operations and a variety of initiatives.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support a variety of initiatives across Time Admin/Labor Processing and provide regular status updates to the T&E Lead.
- Lead continuous process improvements in the areas of Time Administration and Labor Processing.
- Investigate labor processing matters to determine root cause analysis and appropriate action.
- Create and execute data patrols to ensure compliance and mitigate business risk.
- Provide backfill support for bi-monthly labor processing to include payroll validation.
- Support a variety of reporting needs to include creating customized reports and supporting the design and testing of new reports on an as needed basis.
- Manage leave balances including updates to leave accruals, payouts, and inter-company transfers.
- Support audits of timekeeping system as requested.
- Test applicable time administration/labor processes on an as needed basis.
- Update procedures and job aids to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Support preparation and processing of labor distributions.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 5 years experience
- 3 years experience with time administration and labor processing activities using Deltek Costpoint and Deltek T&E
- Advanced Excel skills to include experience with complex formulas and pivot tables
- Proven ability to work independently with problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient with common PC software applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint sites
- Ability to effectively communicate information in a variety of formats (e.g. email, procedure documents, PowerPoint, etc.) and collaborate across employees at all levels
- 1-2 years experience with Cognos reporting to include creating customized reports
- Government contracting experience
- Understanding of payroll regulations to include deductions for benefits/garnishments/share purchase/taxes, etc.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
TX - San Antonio,VA - Arlington
Back to top