Organization:Accenture Federal Services
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, VA, San Antonio, TX, and St. Louis, MO. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 9,000 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
A Client Financial Management Specialistwho will be aligned to AFS' own client teams and are accountable for AFS' financial health, providing analysis and advice to program and client leads helping drive better business results. The organization's primary corporate finance activities include accurate forecasting and reporting, cash flow optimization, and financial analysis.
- Leading account level forecast reviews with senior leadership, analyzing variances to clearly articulate financial position, and recommending forecasts that transparently reflect both risks and growth opportunities
- Managing Internal Controls to ensure compliance with GAAP and Federal contract requirements
- Supervising a team of analysts through effective communication and continuous development
- Strategizing how to maximize team member skill development and proactively structure team to fit the needs of programs they support
- Establishing trusting relationships with Project Management and other Corporate Functions teams
- Diagnosing financial drivers and leveraging analytics to make recommendations to key stakeholders
- Developing innovative solutions to overcome complex revenue and profitability challenges
- Analyzing and forecasting cash conversion expectations to optimize cash flow
- Inspiring a culture of innovation by pursuing ideas that leverage emerging technologies, enable efficiencies, and enable our teams to focus on being a business advisor
- Leading initiatives, focusing on collaboration and inclusion within AFS and the local community
Read more of the job description
Here's what you need:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Mathematics
- 2 years of accounting or finance experience to include:
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Corporate Finance & Accounting
- 6 months of supervisory experience or significant leadership experience demonstrating readiness to supervise effectively
- Federal Contracting experience or understanding of regulatory billing requirements
Bonus points if you have:
- Strong Excel skills, including an understanding of Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP/SUMIF functions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint, TM1, and Qlikview
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.