Federal - Client Financial Management Analyst
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Accenture Federal Services Client Financial Management Analyst
Who We Are and What We Do
AFS Client Financial Management is composed of the best and brightest minds in professional finance. You'll join other exceptional professionals who deliver the financial services and strategic business partnerships that help drive and sustain profitable growth across all of the Accenture Federal business.
Your Role as a Client Financial Management Analyst
Client Financial Management (CFM) acts as the CFO for our AFS portfolios, client accounts and contracts. CFM's primary activities include accurate forecasting and reporting, cash flow optimization, and GAAP, regulatory & contract compliance, including the execution of internal controls. CFM professionals are aligned to client teams and are accountable for integrating business interests of both the client teams and the AFS Finance organization. Through its activities, CFM connects all of the corporate functions to the client and project teams.
As a Client Financial Management Analyst, you'll be involved in the following:
- Integrating business interests of both the client teams and the AFS Finance organization
- Coordinating contract related finance activities across internal corporate teams
- Executing internal controls, U.S. GAAP, contract and Federal compliance requirements to ensure full compliance and appropriate revenue recognition
- Obtaining pricing documents in order to book sales and establish original deal economics (ODE)
- Managing Estimates-At-Completion (EACs) to ensure a contract's financial commitments are met
- Performing monthly contract forecasting analyses at the client level and incorporate inputs from the sales pipeline
- Preparing accruals for vendor goods or services received that have not been invoiced
- Assist with balance sheet accountability, including tracking of lease commitments and hardware/software costs
- Review monthly project results to ensure accurate cost postings and revenue recognition
- Assist with review of Open Billing Detail and understanding of working capital balances
- Identifying and participating in opportunities to continuously improve CFM training, methodologies, tools and skills
Accenture is a diverse global network comprised of 28,000 industry experts with the insights and capabilities to transform the world's leading companies. Join Accenture and you'll be coached by the best people-your colleagues and mentors-who'll help you to develop the core consulting skills you'll need to succeed. You'll also get immediate access to our world class training, where you'll hone your skills through a combination of personalized and collaborative learning experiences. As you advance your career you'll be encouraged to develop and deepen your specialization-both in a specific industry and a specific function or technology-building deep, marketable skills and experience that will allow you to accelerate your career progression. We'll do that through Performance Achievement, Accenture's new approach to performance management. We use real-time, forward-looking conversations to set priorities, grow your strengths and creating rewarding career opportunities.
As well as great career prospects, you can look forward to a rewards package that's second to none, with a competitive starting salary and a generous holiday allowance. Other benefits include a 401k, personal laptop, an AMEX card, private healthcare, health and wellness benefits, and corporate discounts including major brands. For a comprehensive list of all our benefits, visit our website.
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or other comparable business major
- 6 credit hours of Accounting
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or 3.75 out of 5.0 in Bachelor's or Master's degree
- 6 months of work and/or internship experience
- US Citizenship
- Strong Excel skills, including an understanding of Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP/SUMIF functions
- Professional experience performing budgeting and forecasting functions
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional or educational setting
- Good knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint, TM1, CER, and Qlikview
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top