Federal - Client Financial Management Analyst
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture Federal Services as a high-performance business through specialization within internal functional areas. Professionals in our corporate functions run and manage AFS's internal operations and all activities across our business, from finance, HR and legal to workplace management, operations and marketing and communications. They are the engine that powers Accenture Federal Services, enabling AFS to provide the capabilities and expertise the Federal Government needs to operate at peak performance.
Client Financial Management acts as the CFO for our AFS portfolios, client accounts, and contracts. Our professionals are aligned to AFS's own client teams and are accountable for AFS's financial health, providing analysis and advice to program and client leads helping drive better business results. The organization's primary corporate finance activities include accurate forecasting and reporting, cash flow optimization, and financial analysis.
There is never a typical day at Accenture Federal, but that's why people love it here! As a Client Financial Management Analyst, you might spend your day:
- Diagnosing financial drivers and leveraging analytics to make recommendations to key stakeholders
- Executing Internal Controls and confirming compliance with GAAP and Federal contract requirements
- Leading forecast reviews with senior leadership and advising on monthly results, variances to plan, and risk management strategies
- Developing innovative solutions to overcome complex revenue and profitability challenges
- Analyzing and forecasting cash conversion expectations to optimize cash flow
- Coordinating monthly accruals to drive accurate revenue recognition and expense activity
- Recommending and implementing business changes to leverage emerging technologies and enable efficiencies across the Finance organization
- Participating and leading initiatives, focusing on collaboration and inclusion within AFS and the local community
Within Client Financial Management, we recruit well-rounded candidates who perform well academically while being actively engaged on-campus and/or professionally. We are looking for high-flyers with an intellectual curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit, who can build relationships, lead others and who aren't afraid to question the norm. Candidates should be interested in and passionate about how finance can drive business outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or other comparable business major
- 6 credit hours of Accounting
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.76 out of 4
- US Citizenship
- Strong Excel skills, including an understanding of Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP/SUMIF functions
- Professional experience performing budgeting and forecasting functions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top