Federal - Business Analyst - Compliance
- Baltimore, MD
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Aberdeen, MD
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. Ready to learn as much as you can? We'll give you numerous opportunities of formal & informal training sessions to keep your tech smarts sharp.
The SAP Business Analyst - Compliance:
- Responsible for business process and system analysis, design/translating business requirements to technical requirements, testing, troubleshooting, and implementation of components in an enterprise SAP environment
- Working closely with architects, developers, technical services (i.e. BASIS, Middleware, Portal) and business analysts to perform business analyst functions and responsibilities
- Involved in maintenance, enhancement and/or development work of SAP modules and those that interface with other applications
- Knowledgeable of the technologies used and applications supported
- Providing change management and training support
- Participating in pager/on-call support
- Providing estimates of software development cost and schedule
- Working with the Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members and executives on and across the project team
- Planning and executing all required process steps as defined in our and client methodologies
- Providing SAP application support in a timely manner
- Analyzing, designing, troubleshooting, and testing break/fix requests and enhancements to SAP modules
- Providing change management and training support for SAP enhancements
- Identifying, tracking and resolving issues and risks affecting the SAP application
- Working with the Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members to gather and interpret functional user/system requirements into system specifications
- Designing SAP components to functional and technical programming standards
- Providing support toward installation of application releases into production as directed
- Coordinating and participate in structured peer reviews / walkthroughs
- Creating operational documentation
- Performing system, interface, and batch monitoring as required
- Meeting service commitments for assigned deliverables and proactively provide work status
- Continuously developing industry knowledge and associated skills
Read more of the job description
Here's what you need:
- Minimum of 7 years of SAP experience with 3 years in Finance/Accounting. Experience to include most of the following:
- Finance, Controlling, and Funds Management modules of SAP ECC 7.0
- Understanding and meeting compliance requirements for Laws, Regulations, and Policies (LRPs)
- Supporting internal and commercial audit engagements, providing responses, and managing corrective actions
- Functions related to AA, AP, AR, GL, Budgetary ledger, billings, cash advances, interest expense etc.
- Functional integration experience with other SAP modules specifically with PS, HR, SD, MM, PP & PM
- Experience using BW & ECC queries for financial reporting
- Discrete manufacturing SAP experience
- Two full implementation project/deployment lifecycle experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in most of the following:
- Reviewing and understand compliance requirements for LRPs relative to SAP configured and delivered capabilities to enable Government Business Enterprise Architecture (BEA) operational activities
- Executing life cycle processes to meet the compliance requirements
- Providing active support for audits
- Developing responses/work-products-based on the request from audit agencies
- Reviewing audit agencies reports and recommending corrective action
- US Citizenship required
Bonus points if you have:
- Solution Sustainment Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- Exposure to SAFe methodology
- US Federal Government IT Software Development experience
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services.
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Back to top