Federal - Accounting and Reporting Manager
- Arlington, VA
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
The Accounting & Reporting Manager supports the AFS Accounting and Reporting function within the Controllership organization.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Review of monthly contract revenue to ensure appropriate revenue recognition
- Review and approval of accounting treatment memos for significant transactions within AFS
- Perform financial due diligence procedures for potential mergers and acquisitions
- Research and communication or technical accounting guidance to AFS business leaders (including controller and CFO) on a variety of topics including revenue and cost recognition, deferred revenue, leases, fixed assets, etc.
- Review all deliverables prepared for AFS' parent Accenture LLP
- Support external annual audit including control and substantive testing
- Support the external DCAA audits such as accounting system audit
- Support other audit efforts as needed
- Approve balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis and resolve any discrepancies by working with various groups within AFS and AFS' parent Accenture LLP
- Review and submission of financial accounting deliverables provided to Accenture to support Accenture's externally filed financial statements
- Review and provide comments on AFS and its subsidiaries financial statements and provide MoM/QoQ variance analyses
- Monitor internal controls, and ensure completion on a timely basis
- Ensure compliance with AFS policies, US GAAP, and Federal cost compliance rules.
- Assist in writing AFS policies and procedures with other stakeholders in Controllership organization
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and assist with special projects, as required
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- 7 years accounting experience to include:
- 4 years of external auditing experience
- 3 years experience auditing a public company $100M+ in annual revenue
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- 5 years Supervisory experience
- Federal Government Contracting industry experience
- Familiarity with Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top