US Ventures and Acquisitions Senior Manager
Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Location: San Francisco, CA, Walnut Creek, CA
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. May also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
The US Ventures and Acquisitions Senior Manager will be responsible for leading V&A projects for Accenture's ventures & acquisitions/joint ventures/divestitures ("V&A").
This includes, but is not limited to: evaluating and tax efficiently structuring V&A, addressing the impact of taxes on V&A opportunities and joint ventures, and managing post-merger integration. The US V&A Lead works directly with client leadership teams and senior leadership in corporate functions (Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure tax objectives related to V&A are achieved.
- Direct all phases of V&A tax review, planning and coordination.
- Assist Accenture in reaching its goals through identification and mitigation of tax risk related to V&A, and strategic tax planning through integration of V&A acquisitions.
Develop Key Relationships:
- Work collaboratively with Tax, Accenture project leadership teams and outside advisors to execute tax planning efforts and initiatives.
- Build relationships with senior leadership on V&A deals and advise on all tax related matters associated to the deal.
- Work collaboratively with other Accenture teams such as Corporate Development and Transaction Services (CDTS), Finance, Legal, HR and Treasury.
Demonstrate Thought Leadership:
- Work with Area Tax experts and outside advisors to research the implications of tax laws and changes to tax regulations and advise Accenture on V&A tax related issues.
- Remain up to date on current tax laws and practices and communicate any changes that may impact a deal to Accenture project leadership teams.
Reports To: Managing Director – Client Tax and Transfer Pricing
- Target Due Diligence:
- Work with outside advisors to review all applicable data room information (including tax, legal (contracts etc.), HR (payroll issues), and subcontractor information), discuss with target and target's tax advisors, and prepare summary of tax due diligence findings;
- Recommend tax risk mitigation strategies, including pre-acquisition measures as well as remedies including escrows and reserves.
- Communicate and present tax due diligence findings, potential impact of such findings on structure and other related tax issues with senior leadership and project teams.
- Transaction Structuring:
- Provide input to acquisition structure (including documenting advice);
- Review of Purchase Agreement and all other related legal documents;
- Coordinate with Area Tax experts outside the US to review the acquisition and integration structure from a local tax perspective, submit appropriate tax ruling requests and discuss with tax authorities when required.
- Transaction Execution:
- Calculation of taxes on payment amounts and input into funds flow memo and cash payment timelines;
- Assist with acquisition steps or support documents, where applicable;
- Provide tax accounting analysis and input to GAAP purchase accounting and reserves for target.
- Post Transaction Integration
- Assist with integration steps including completion of clearance certificates, valuation or support documents;
- Ensure completion of all new or inherited tax compliance for acquired businesses (including pre- and post-merger tax periods), including required Forms, Schedules and Disclosures on Accenture returns;
- Work with Tax Accounting to complete tax accounting for acquisitions, including analysis of deferred tax items, FIN 48 reserves and integration of operations;
- To the extent needed, provide ancillary tax support on integration (e.g., Tax claims on escrow, follow-up on rulings or audit issues).
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with our outside counsel and accounting firms assisting on V&A deals.
- Work with Area Tax experts and outside advisors to research tax issues.
- Work with the US tax planning team to ensure planning ideas are accurately reported in the federal income tax returns.
- Work with other Area Tax teams to ensure coordination of multinational V&A operations.
- Work with the US tax planning team and Tax Operations team to ensure accurate recording of purchase accounting for acquisitions.
- Analyze financial models to determine the impact of tax planning ideas on income taxes payable.
- Ensure efficient tax cash flow management; maintain relationship with the Service Center and Treasury to manage funding and closing cash flow.
- Special projects, as applicable.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top