US Tax Manager, Chicago, Walnut Creek, CA
Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Location: Walnut Creek, CA or Chicago
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. May also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
The US Tax Manager role will be responsible for providing technical tax support on the preparation of US income tax returns and calculation of quarterly and year-end tax estimates and interfacing with the Tax Compliance and Tax Accounting groups to ensure accurate and timely federal income tax compliance and reporting. This role will also work on income tax reporting and planning activities associated with Accenture's US Ventures and Acquisitions ("V&A") process.
- Research, quantify, document and support tax positions taken on US income tax returns.
- Support the preparation and review of various tax calculations and US returns and forms applicable to the domestic and international activity of Accenture's US entities.
- Support the tax reporting of V&A activity including review of tax provisions, tax estimates and pre- and post-acquisition tax returns.
- Determine the proper tax treatment and reporting of identified tax risk areas and complete necessary tax documentation.
- Work on the implementation of V&A post-acquisition integration plans from a tax standpoint and the integration of acquired entities into the Accenture legal and operating structure.
- Interface with the Tax Compliance and Tax Accounting groups to ensure tax positions are reported accurately.
+ Basic qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years relevant corporate tax experience
- US V&A tax experience in a multinational company or professional services firm (preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Masters in Taxation JD or CPA (preferred)
- Exceptional analytical and written/oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal and cross-team working skills
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top