US Tax Compliance Specialist
Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Location: Chicago, IL
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. May also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
The US Tax Compliance Specialist is responsible for assisting with certain aspects of US federal, state and international income tax compliance and income tax accounting, including full cycle Quarterly and Year-end provisions through true-ups, as well as special projects.
- In this capacity, the specialist provides analysis related to certain book/tax differences to outside service providers as well as other information to file an accurate and timely return.
- In addition, the specialist provides support for state income tax filings, including preparation of state apportionment percentages and filings of state income tax extensions and estimated payments.
- The specialist assists in filings related to acquisition and merger activities, maintains data repositories (including FEINs and EFT registrations), ensures Accenture's compliance related to foreign withholding tax documentation, and assists the Managers and Senior Manager with review of proforma tax returns.
- This role also includes preparation of other US filings, including Forms W-9, W-8-BEN, 720, 6166, and 8832, among others.
- This position requires strong proficiency in using SAP to run data queries, perform GL account data analysis, and support information used for income tax compliance and accounting for income tax reporting.
- The specialist will maintain the compliance calendar, compliance SharePoint site, and run compliance status calls.
- The specialist in this role will also have opportunities to improve efficiencies in existing processes, including using technical tools to reduce manual calculations and/or developing alternative methods of performing repetitive computations.
- In this role, the US Tax Compliance Specialist works collaboratively with an in-house team of approximately ten tax compliance professionals, as well as outside service providers, US Controllership, CIO, Treasury, India Service Center and other internal Accenture organizations as needed.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top