US Tax Compliance Specialist
- Chicago, IL
Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Location : Chicago, IL
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 513,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. Finance professionals may also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
The US Tax Compliance Specialist will play an integral role in US federal, international and state income tax compliance and reporting, various non-income tax filings, and income tax accounting including quarterly and annual provisions through true-ups. The US Tax Compliance Specialist will also assist in special projects as needed.
- In this capacity, the Specialist compiles and analyzes data necessary to complete the income tax returns, including calculating certain book/tax differences, preparing schedules supporting various tax forms or other reporting requirements, as well as any necessary information to file accurate and timely returns. The Specialist may assist the Manager and Senior Manager with review of proforma tax returns and certain stand-alone tax filings.
- In addition, the Specialist provides support for both international income tax filings, including foreign taxes, BEAT, GILTI, or FDII inputs and computations, and state income tax filings, including calculation of the state modifications, preparation of workpapers supporting state apportionment, and state income tax extensions and estimated payments. The Specialist also provides support to prepare and maintain information to be provided to federal and state authorities to respond to information requests or notices.
- The Specialist will review Forms W-9, W-8-BEN, and other quarterly and annual US non-income tax filings, including FBAR and Forms 720, 1042, and 6166, among others. This role requires maintaining documentation of original signatures and tracking mailing/e-filing records as required.
- The Specialist assists in filings related to acquisition, integration, and restructuring activities, such as preparation of Forms 8032, 8832, and SS-4.The Specialist also maintains data repositories, including FEINs and EFT registrations.
- The Specialist will maintain the compliance calendar, compliance SharePoint site, and run compliance team status calls.
- The Specialist supports several tax accounting functions, including computing the quarterly and annual US provision calculations under ASC 740, drafting tax accounting entries for Accenture's 10-K and separate subsidiary company financial statements, populating tax provision software, and analyzing tax account details.
- The Specialist will also review the work performed by the US Tax Compliance Analyst.
- This position requires strong proficiency in using SAP to run data queries, perform General Ledger account data analysis, and support data used for income tax compliance and accounting for income tax reporting.
- In this role, the Specialist will also have opportunities to improve efficiencies in existing processes, including using technology to reduce manual calculations and/or developing alternative methods of performing repetitive computations.
- The US Tax Compliance Specialist works collaboratively with an in-house team of approximately ten tax professionals, as well as outside service providers, US Controllership, CIO, Treasury, members of the India Service Center supporting US Controllesrhip, and other internal Accenture organizations as needed.
- Bachelors degree
- Experience should include minimum of 4 years of tax compliance experience in one or a combination of "Big 4" firm or large multinational corporate environments.
- This position requires a strong working knowledge of US federal tax compliance with experience in a multinational company or professional services firm environment. State, international (especially post-TCJA), and M&A compliance experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel), advanced Excel skills preferred. SAP and OneSource Tax Provision experience preferred.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
Professional Skill Requirements
- Strong project management skills with ability to balance and prioritize workload
- Ability to manage timelines and milestones while holding self accountable for meeting deadlines
- Team player who works collaboratively with peers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent thinker with growth mindset
- Desire and ability to eliminate process inefficiencies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to producing high quality work product
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top