Role: Sales Director
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Sales career track grow pipeline and sales by supporting, managing or leading the origination and/or closing of sales opportunities in a specific area or across a range of Accenture offerings. They progress by deepening sales skills and/or developing new related skills, growing into a more complex sales role, laterally, upward, or in their current role.
Sales professionals drive the sales process and outcomes on a dedicated basis, growing a profitable pipeline and/or backlog of sales, through deal origination, sales negotiations and closure. These professionals involve multiple activities like target the right clients, grow quality pipeline, win profitable deals and manage sales activities with the objective of creating mutually beneficial, trust-based relationships that create value.
What you will do:
The Sales Director for Technology Products will manage sales campaigns for top opportunities in the technology domain and will be responsible for day-to-day campaign management, with emphasis on opportunity qualification, win strategy definition/execution, proposal development, orals presentation, and support of contract negotiations. The successful candidate will apply Accenture's corporate strategies, client service group priorities, and formal sales campaign management processes to secure new contracts and deliver sales that meet or exceed financial goals within acceptable risk parameters.
- Sales: Developing, Validating, qualifying, and closing sales opportunities
- Provides solutions to complex business problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
- Manages large work efforts as an individual contributor at a client or within Accenture.
Qualifications - External
- Minimum of 3 years selling/closing deals in Services space in one of the following areas: Application Outsourcing, Infrastructure Outsourcing, Systems Integration/Implementation Cloud Enablement & Migration
- Minimum of 5 years of experience selling into Products clients (Consumer Package Goods, Retail, Automotive)
- Minimum of 5 years Sales Pursuit Managementexperience
- Minimum of 5 years Client Relationship and/or deliveryexperience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in direct sales with quota of $20M +
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in conceptualizing, planning, and implementing new products or services for a large business entity
- Experience selling new/emerging technologies
- Proven sales leadership originating and closing technology services opportunities
- New IT conversant
- Client facing (from deal qualification through close)
- Has or will earn credibility with Technology and other executives
- Understands Accenture Technology offerings including supporting differentiation and value propositions
- Ability to network across Accenture
- High energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness and ability to work well under pressure
- Strong facilitation and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Team player of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to interface and negotiate with senior executives
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
IL - Chicago,KS - Overland Park,MI - Detroit,MN - Minneapolis,MO - St. Louis,OH - Cincinnati,OH - Columbus,WI - Milwaukee