Talent Research Lead Senior Principal (Boston, Chicago, Metro DC, New York)
Organization: Corporate Functions/Research
Location: Boston, Chicago, Metro DC, New York
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 435 ,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Accenture Research uncovers trends and shape data-driven insights through Thought Leadership and Research for Accenture and its clients. Accenture Research combines deep understanding of Accenture clients' industries with leading-edge research techniques to discover the most pressing issues facing organizations today.
Our growing team of 250 researchers and analysts develops thought-provoking research -- supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations that guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic modeling, data science, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners. Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year, answers thousands of thought provoking questions from clients around the world, drives the insights that guides Accenture's business strategy and handles Accenture's exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. The team is part of Accenture's Strategy Office.
We work in two main areas:
- Developing thought leadership and understanding trends: Accenture creates original, cutting-edge points of view to use with clients, the media and in conferences. Most of our projects are published and quoted in the media and you are expected to have a voice and an opinion on the industry both inside and beyond Accenture. Research into industry trends informs publications and the direction of our business.
- Client-focused research: you will work alongside our colleagues from the practice to provide research on clients' business challenges and opportunities, support proposals, engagements and day to day discussions with clients on their business and industry.
In the Talent space, Accenture Research actively supports the development of Thought Leadership and Research focused on:
- AI and jobs (cf paper "Reworking the Revolution published at WEF/Davos in 2018 and the year before "harnessing the revolution") and more broadly technology disruptions and jobs, skills and all the related transformation of the workplace at large organizations [insert links with Davos reports]
- Equal opportunities at work around the world, with a primary focus on large companies (cf papers published during International Women's Day in recent years)
- Various other talent related research projects for Accenture Leadership and Clients, in the US and the key countries where Accenture operates around the world, depending on the evolution of business priorities.
- Develops thought provoking insights through market analysis and in-depth review of trends, under the leadership of Accenture's CHRO
- Proactively introduces innovative ideas to senior leadership and clients
- Designs and manages research to define and re-shape thinking on major People related issues
- Recognized as an expert in the Talent research field
- Publishes regularly through Accenture's publication channels and other channels
- Has a strong internal and growing external network and social media presence
- Ability to operate at the Executive level
- Research focused on Accenture Business and Accenture's Clients business ("so what?") with major and long-lasting impact
- Credible in presenting work and discussing issues with clients
- Shapes & manages complex research programs of work with global scope and manages related budget
- Credible with leadership and clients, both at global level in very different geographies and cultural contexts
- Talent magnet and role model
- Coach and mentor of junior researchers
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Global / large private corporation or institution, Research Consultancy or Research role at Management Consultancy
- Track record in business research with broad experience in applying the main research techniques, including talent & organization frameworks, data science/economic modeling, surveys and people related data sources
- Subject matter expertise across the talent issues of large international companies, including core issues of CHROs
- An understanding of the role of digital and technology in disrupting talent at large organizations
- Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to make sense out of data
- Able to write in a clear and compelling way for C-suite audiences
- Solid experience in the presentation of research deliverables to high level executives
- Experienced Manager or similar preferred
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Intellectual curiosity
- Proven ability to manage people and complex multi-country research projects
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Able to lead and drive consensus where there are many stakeholders
- Strong communications skills and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top