Systems & Platforms Researcher
A well rounded researcher who can quickly pivot and utilize concepts from unfamiliar areas of research to further improve solutions in industry
- Explore and define new research problems within the research agenda of the R&D group.
- Implement and execute projects within the R&D group.
Ability to quickly develop a research from beginning into a well formed idea for a product and present yourself as an advisor in that area of research.
- Build on ideas and directions provided by leads and stakeholders in order to achieve high quality deliverables.
- Build on concepts in a very dynamic environment and be seen as highly differentiated technology experts within their domain.
Find and nurture collaborative research between academia and industry and fuse ideas into current research
- Actively participate in their technology community by building relationships and serving as a technology expert when working with clients or client teams.
- Actively participate and serve in the research community (e.g., conferences, consortiums, workshops) and build university relationships.
- Explore and apply for research grants from internal (Accenture partners and clients) and external funding organizations (e.g., DoE, DoD, DARPA, EPA, DHS, NSF)
Act as Subject Matter Advisor in a domain area
- Participate in projects as are presentative within a functional, technical, or industry area of expertise
- Discuss issues or trends within area of expertise to raise client and/or Accenture awareness
- Act as a contributor in medium critical situations, either internally for Accenture or at client engagement(s)pertaining to a functional, technical or business area of expertise
Contribute to assets/offerings and thought leadership
- Actively contribute to Accenture points of view, Knowledge Exchange, discussion boards, etc.
- Publish and present research papers in top tier conferences, workshops and journals
- Act as a mentor or coach to junior people to help grow the next generation of innovators and thought leaders
- Serve as reviewer, technical program community, and/or panelist in conferences and workshops
Enhance Accenture's marketplace reputation
- Work confidently with internal networks and other opinion formers on key issues of relevance to business
- Demonstrate expertise internally (e.g. presentations for internal audiences, participates in community of practice, etc.)
- Build deep relationships with the engineering teams in the partner organizations
- Build deep relationships with researchers from academia and other research labs
- Actively contribute to the technology community and progressively establish him/herself as a technology expert
Execute R&D Agenda and Team
- Establish engineering standards and best practices in their respective teams; Understand and apply software development best practices
- Supervise and mentor more junior developers to successfully complete their responsibilities and assist with career progression
- Build prototypes – bringing concepts to initial implementations – including design, coding to testing
- Apply and reshape prototypes in pioneering engagements based on clients' needs and drive toward successful deployment in the clients' IT environment
- Continuously learn new technology areas that are mission-aligned to the R&D group
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top