Strategic Growth Initiatives Counsel Manager
Organization: Corporate Functions/Legal and Commercial Services
Location: Atlanta (Preferred location), Open to Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, New York.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 435 ,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
The variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
The Accenture Digital counsel focuses on supporting Accenture Digital, which includes a number of Accenture's software as a service offerings based on cutting edge technologies including prescriptive marketing analytics, artificial intelligence and internet of things. See https://www.accenture.com/us-en/digital-index for more information about Accenture's Digital business.
The role includes the following key areas of focus:
- Working with the Accenture Digital teams to evaluate and prepare new offerings for market, with varying deal structures that include consulting services, software as software as a service, and licensed software (including mobile apps), in different geographies and different industries and regulatory environments
- Learning and understanding the technology related to the offerings well enough to properly document both client and supplier transactions
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex client and supplier technology transactions related to the offerings, usually software as a service and software licenses
- Developing strong relationships within both the Accenture Digital and Legal organizations
- Developing clear communication messages, guidance, templates and trainings regarding the offerings for sales and go to market teams, offering development teams, technical teams and the legal teams that lead the contracting efforts with clients
+ Basic qualifications
- U.S.: J.D. Degree and active member in good standing of State Bar
- Minimum of 4 years of commercial transactional experience in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transactions or military group
- Minimum of 3 years leading legal support in drafting and negotiating technology focused client facing and/or vendor facing agreements (i.e. software as a service agreements, software license agreements, software development agreements, consulting service agreements and /or technology focused outsourcing agreements)
- Minimum of 2 years advising product teams on how to bring new offerings to market in a legally compliant manner.
- Bachelors with computer science or engineering
- In-house experience, privacy certification
- Interest in technology, especially cutting edge technologies. Interest in or prior experience with cloud computing, software embedded in devices, artificial intelligence, and/or the "internet of things" is a plus.
- Demonstrated business/commercial acumen
- Pragmatic and practical approach to legal advice and legal support
- Skilled at explaining legal issues and the real world impact of the issues in a way that is understood by non-lawyers
- Strong negotiation skills, including internally within the company and with customers or suppliers
- Skilled in anticipating obstacles and developing innovative solutions in alignment with business strategy
- Experience with data licensing and monetization strategies
- Deep knowledge of privacy and other regulatory issues around data
- Deep skills in contracting and drafting
- Experience in complex technology and/or IT outsourcing transactions within a large corporation, consulting firm, government agency or law firm
- Strong familiarity with issues in software on premises licenses and software as a service deals, with expertise in issues from both the supplier and customer side
- Understanding of software product development, including third party components and integrations and open source issues, as well as regulatory compliance by design principles
- Understanding of or willingness to learn applicable regulatory landscapes and the effect on product development & deployment
- Ability to travel up to a few times a year
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Strong professional presence and ability to work effectively with senior business leaders to influence and make significant decisions
- Good judgment, an ability to prioritize and make decisions, and spot and mitigate risks
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions
- Good organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Thrives in a constantly changing environment by showing high adaptability
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top