Strategic Cyber Intelligence Specialist
- Washington, DC
Join Accenture Cyber Threat Intelligence and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. At Accenture, we're building something great - not just a world-class cyber defense practice, but just as importantly we're building a culture of innovation and collaboration to transform the broader security landscape.
Strategic Cyber Intelligence Specialist, Financial Services
Accenture Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) is looking for a talented and driven individual to conduct research, analysis, and reporting on strategic topics related to cyber threat and risk outlooks from an industry perspective. This position involves in-depth specialized research, collaboration with peer analysts, development and maintenance of short- and long-term research projects, a high degree of writing for executive audiences, and the presentation of findings through briefings and external engagements. This position will have high visibility and provides an excellent opportunity for specialists to grow within Accenture's very active security practice and thought leadership community.
Your Role: Our ideal candidate will demonstrate an interest in working alongside technical analytic teams, internal leadership, and industry partners. He/she will leverage and advance their knowledge to become a trusted threat intelligence advisor to Accenture clients, Accenture leadership and within the financial sector more broadly.
Key Responsibilities May Include
- Analysis of threats and risk to the Financial Sector and the full spectrum of its value chains
- Develop, produce, and deliver high-level briefings and briefing materials on industry-focused cybersecurity issues and threats for tactical, operational and strategic intelligence consumers
- Represent Accenture Cyber Threat Intelligence and Accenture Security at security conferences and industry gatherings
- Support Accenture Security client engagements including threat modeling, CTI program uplift, red teaming, risk assessments, and incident response
- Support Accenture Security business development and marketing initiatives pertaining to Financial Services and CTI
- Serve as an ambassador for CTI to Accenture's various lines of business in order to embed threat intelligence into key initiatives and new service offerings
- Manage Accenture CTI relationship with key financial services industry groups
- Research threat actors, groups, and events to produce short notice analysis and reporting on trending threats to financial services
- Develop and produce strategic intelligence reports focused on industry-level analysis of developing cybersecurity-related threats, events, conditions, and impacts
- Conduct data analysis to forecast cybersecurity and geopolitical issues
- Research and compile indicators to produce cybersecurity risk indices
- Engage and develop relationships with peers among Accenture Security's clientele and within industries of focus to learn client and industry intelligence requirements, reporting use cases, and feedback on Accenture CTI products
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the strategic, geopolitical, or cyber threat analysis, or in a related area
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and strong understanding of cyber security issues facing financial institutions and their critical third parties
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and understanding of key actors, groups, and environments contributing to cyber threat and risk; and of the roles of government and industry in responding to cyber threat issues
- Minimum of 5 years of experience conducting cyber threat analysis and/or risk assessment roles within the commercial sector
- Minimum of 5 years of experience/ability to apply knowledge of key industry operational cycles, cyber threat events, and their impacts to key industries to inform Accenture Security clientele of risk outlooks through timely and effective reporting
- Minimum of 5 years of experience briefing and engaging with senior executives as well as technical audiences
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 4 years of experience developing intelligence collection requirements and tracking collection effectiveness
- Racking up those air miles will have to wait, as weekly non-essential travel to client sites Monday through Thursday is currently suspended. For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
- Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
- Bachelor's degree in International Relations, Economics, Finance, Political Science, Journalism, or related field; or equivalent (minimum 12 years work experience). If Associate's Degree, must have equivalent minimum 6 years work experience
- Prior experience engaging with industry working groups and/or ISACs on matters pertaining to cyber threats and intelligence sharing
- Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK, CBEST, and TIBER frameworks
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail
- Ability to grasp complex problems and explain them simplistically
- Interest and focus on customer service and quality
- Flexibility to complete fast-suspense assignments
- Experience in handling sensitive data with discretion
- Strong understanding of cyber threats to emerging technologies
- Knowledge of insider threat, fraud and/or brand protection
- Familiarity with computer network protocols, computer incident response procedures, system and network forensic analysis, scripting, data mining, statistical analysis, data analytics, and personal interview techniques for information gathering
- Operational planning and project management experience
- Familiarity with cyber threat modeling approaches and practices
- Proficiency with data aggregation and visualization tools
- Familiarity with a variety of analytic concepts, practices, and procedures
- Industry certifications and memberships - CISSP, CISM, CRTIA/CTIM etc.
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- You'll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company.
- Access to leading-edge technology.
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes generous paid time off, 401K match and an employee healthcare plan.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person atAccenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and ourcommunities.Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity andexpression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of theAccenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hiredby Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made tofacilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us anemailor speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay ofanother employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannotdisclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint orcharge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnishinformation.
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the State of Colorado.
DC,DC - Washington
Back to top