Accenture is one of the world's leading providers of sourcing and procurement services, we help our clients architect, build and operate high performance procurement organizations through our global and flexible solutions. At Accenture, we partner with forward-thinking business leaders, of the world's most dynamic companies, to transform procurement and drive sustainable changes to their cost structures.
As one of the leading procurement business process services specialists, Accenture excels at helping companies build the foundation for long-term growth. We are committed to delivering exceptional service through our exceptional people, and as an employee you'd enjoy a fulfilling career in an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Business Process Services and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Business Process Services professionals work on projects across a range of business processes, business applications and information technology. They may provide technology services, such as application management, infrastructure management and systems integration, or they may deliver business process services, including finance and accounting, procurement and human resources. Depending on the role, Business Process Services professionals may be based at a client's office or in one of Accenture's 50 delivery centers around the world.
Based in Atlanta, GA, the Regulated Energy Senior Analyst/Specialist will work as a key member of the Regulated Procurement Team within Accenture's Energy Practice. This position will be responsible for sourcing electricity and natural gas for a range of commercial and industrial clients with a focus on energy analysis, tariff optimization, and overall risk management. The Regulated Energy Specialist should be well versed on all regulated energy markets and excel at providing these services for clients throughout North America. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, tariff and load analysis, renewable energy project support, market assessment, risk management, strategy development, contract negotiation, contract management, and client interaction. The Regulated Energy Specialist will also communicate with supplier partners, utilities, local distribution companies, and public utility commissions to gather timely, accurate, and complete energy market intelligence and maintain required client reporting tools for procurement team.
- Develop and/or enhance regulated deliverables that compare prices for accounts.
- Present pricing recommendations to internal and client management.
- Facilitate the contracting process including confirming contract executions with suppliers.
- Ensure all contracted opportunities are properly recorded in internal systems.
- Demonstrate industry expertise in strategies and processes for purchasing natural gas and electricity.
- Collaborate with team of energy professionals to determine optimal energy strategy for clients
- Effectively communicate complex market, regulatory, and risk management data to clients.
- Develop strong support relationships with functional leaders and key site operations personnel across all business units.
- Influence thought leaders within the organization and in our suppliers' organization to identify and implement best practices.
- Cross-train with the Renewable Energy procurement and sustainability team up to 25%, supporting analysis and contracting of renewable products and projects (on-site renewables, RECs, VPPAs, PPAs, co-gen, etc.)
- Publish RFP's, write recommendations, and receive contract signatures
- Weekly updates to Workflow and Contract Management Databases.
- Weekly reporting of completed and planned tasks in weekly team meetings.
- Regular communication with Manager and Project Management (PMO/BPO) organizations.
- Serve as regional expert, offering regional weekly market report content and helping to assemble market intelligence including regional utility shopping rules, standard offer rate intelligence, etc.
- Deliver weekly Market Report content for expertise area by receipt deadline.
- Fulfill weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required by customers or business processes.
- Manage any special or strategic projects assigned.
- Lead an off-shore team
Here's What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the areas of energy procurement, energy markets, utilities, finance, risk management, and/or quantitative analysis
- MBA or other advanced degree in technical field (mathematics, engineering, operations research, etc.)
- 1 year experience in leading a small on or off shore team
- 1 year of project management experience in a corporate and/or professional services environment (experience in energy or sustainability required)
- Ability to interface with customers and suppliers via strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills, experience in modeling energy usage and market dynamics. Understanding of system dispatch and revenue requirements a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Attention to detail and presentation.
- Adaptable management style to conform to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,NC - Raleigh,TX - Austin,TX - Houston,TX - Irving