Smart Grid Consultant, Utilities - Transmission & Distribution (NE)
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Industry Solutions and Services professionals play a wide variety of roles related to delivery and sales, maintaining and growing an industry focus.
Resources Industry Applications professionals analyze, design, build, test and deploy innovative Resources industry-specific solutions for Utilities clients - that enable industry standards and processes.
A professional at this level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals. Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems. Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. Interacts with peers and/or management levels at a client and within Accenture.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
- Decisions often impact the team in which they reside
- Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
+ Basic qualifications
- Minimum 2 years of Consulting Experience
- Minimum 2 years of Utilities and/or T ransmission and Distribution Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in one of the following: Utility Mobility solutions , Utility Asset Management, Advanced Metering Operations, Grid Operations (OMS , DMS, DERMS )
- Gas or Electric Utility experience highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Ability to travel weekly (Monday - Thursday) to a client location
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work with new innovation and support custom solutions
- Excellent leadership skills and desire to progress into management roles
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
It is our intention for our people to work where they live. However, in the context of our profession and serving our clients there may be times when you will need to travel.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top