Senior Offerings & Regulatory Compliance (ORC) Counsel - Credit/Lending/Mortgage Services Regulatory Lawyer (US based)
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Package
Career Level: Level 6 - Senior Manager
As a team:
The ORC Team is seeking to appoint a senior counsel to act as Global Industry Sector Legal Counsel for the Credit/Lending/Mortgage areas, supporting Accenture's Banking and Credit Industry Sector Teams, with a particular focus on the US Region In-house and private practice candidates will all be considered, but experience of working with international teams in support of a global business is a pre-requisite, and candidates with deep industry experience will be strongly preferred.
Our Accenture Credit/Lending/Mortgage business helps residential and commercial mortgage lenders and loan servicers restructure and consolidate operations to address changing market conditions and new regulations. We focus on:
- Residential Servicing/ Default Services
- Commercial Real Estate Processing
- Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Management
- Residential Mortgage Origination/Fulfilment
- Residential Mortgage Servicing and Default Management
- Commercial Real Estate Services and Portfolio Management
You will act as a trusted adviser to the Global Industry Sector Legal Counsel for the Credit/Lending/Mortgage Teams, working to help analyze, advise, manage and mitigate regulatory risks, collaborating with senior stakeholders across the Business, Legal and other Corporate Functions to:
- Undertake regulatory risk analysis and advising stakeholders across Accenture in order to protect client sales and delivery and mitigate risk within existing, new, strategic priority & higher risk offerings and services in the Credit/Lending/Mortgage area in collaboration with all relevant parts of Accenture, including for example Government Relations, Global Legal Services, Responsible Business, Litigation (as needed) to support the sustainable growth of the Credit/Lending/Mortgage Industry and the sales of their services
- Help evaluate prospective acquisition targets from a regulatory perspective on behalf of the Credit/Lending/Mortgage Global Industry Sector Teams, and work with them to support post-merger integration strategies.
- Organize and direct the work of the ORC Team so as: to understand and manage regulatory risk in relation to as many market offerings as possible; participate in the offering development early on so as to make them compliant by design with a focus on early intervention and proactive shaping of solutions. Effectively you will be the subject matter expert to the business unit and other staff regarding compliance topics, developments, processes, and offering development life cycle - also working closely with Compliance to maintain its compliance programs.
- Be responsible for developing actionable solutions and practical tools / recommendations / guidelines and trainings for ORC. That would include working with the internal compliance team to manage, and maintain a legal/compliance library and assist to monitor laws that includes, but not limited to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD, FHA, VA, (Federal and State) laws/regulations.
- Manage external counsel and external counsel budget.
- JD degree or equivalent degree or legal qualification
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an attorney providing services to the financial services industry (consumer & commercial lending).
- Admitted to the bar) or local equivalent) and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law
- Experience of relevant attorney work
- Strong commercial, technology, IP and data privacy experience and broad legal knowledge (e.g. spanning employment, litigation, corporate law and governance).
- Strong writing and negotiation skills
- Good executive presence and the ability to work effectively with the senior business leaders at Accenture, partners from law firms
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
IL - Chicago,NY - New York