Accenture Scientific Informatics Services
Do you want to work where scientific innovation meets leading-edge technology Join Accenture Scientific Informatics Services(ASIS)and help our clients apply digital technologies to revolutionize scientific and laboratory processes.
ASIScombines the scientific and laboratory informatics expertise with Accenture's strategic and business consulting capabilities, industry platforms, innovation approach and global scale to help transform how scientific and laboratory processes are conducted across a variety of industries-helping make them faster, more efficient and more effective than ever before.
Leveraging digital technologies such as automation, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, analytics and cloud, in combination with a fundamental redesign of the scientific user experience, Accenture Scientific Informatics Services helps organizations better capture, manage, integrate and analyze complex scientific data. This can improve the discovery and manufacturing of new products, improve quality, ensure compliance, reduce time to market and improve operational efficiency.
As an Accenture Scientific Informatics Services(ASIS) Consultant you will be exposed to the technologies and processes that many leading US companies and government agencies utilize. We offer a generous compensation package consisting of salary, bonuses and benefits.
For more information on ASIS visit:
Senior LIMS Developer Job Description:
Develop and configure customized software product/systems to meet client requirements. Build and support specialized customizations to the core asset software including conversions, interfaces, enhancements and user interface modifications. May include end-to-end software development starting from analysis moving on to design, implementation, QA testing and validation, delivery and maintenance. Applies knowledge of technologies, applications, methods, processes and tools to support a client, project or entity.
Other responsibilities can include: Analyze and design new business processes. Identify and define detailed product requirements and use cases. Serve as a liaison to the business community and participate in user and task analysis to maintain the business community 's perspective.
Typically, we work at client sites. Travel Update: Racking up those air miles will have to wait, as weekly non-essential travel to client sites Monday through Thursday is currently suspended. For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be our top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Under moderate supervision from a more Senior Consultant:
Typical Duties include:
- Work to configure LIMS, ELN and or CDS systems based on client requirements
- Analyze and design new business processes
- Identify and define detailed product requirements and use cases
- Serve as a liaison to the business community and participate in user and task analysis to maintain the business community 's perspective.
- Develop code using an object-oriented philosophy
- Write and perform Unit Tests
- Write periodic status progress reports
- Perform basic or complex configuration of laboratory information systems
- Develop simple or complex software functionality but with limited scope
- Participate in peer reviews of code for coding standards, best practices, functionality, error handling, etc.
- Write basic SQL queries using relational database concepts and schema design principles Integrate laboratory instruments with scientific software packages
- Develop simple or complex, dynamic reports
- Participate in requirements analysis process with client stakeholders
- Break complex processes into smaller achievable pieces
- Lead and mentor Junior Developers
- Integrate scientific applications with other scientific or nonscientific applications
Read more of the job description
- 4-year degree in an applicable field
- 3 years experience working in a technical role with LIMS, CDS, QMS, or ELN systems
- 3 years experience system troubleshooting
- 3 years of experience working in regulated environments
- 3 years of consulting experience with continuous increase in responsibility and technical competence
- Experience with any of the following LabWare, LabVantage, VEEVA, SQL LIMS, SampleManager, StarLIMS, Dotmatics, BIOVIA, SmartLab, Waters, Nugenesis, Empower, Pipeline Pilot, Chromatography Data Systems (CDS), Electronic Lab Notebook, Laboratory Information Management System, QMS, ELN, LIMS
Professional Skill Requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong logical analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player mentality
- Strong consulting skills
- Negotiation skills
- Leadership skills
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado. As required by theColorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only , the range of starting pay for this role is $75,600 - $122,799 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
CA - Los Angeles,CA - San Diego,CA - San Francisco,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,MN - Minneapolis,NC - Raleigh,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia,TX - Austin