Security Principal Product Management
Security Principal Product Management - Arlington VA/Washington DC
WHERE YOU LIVE: Within 90 minutes of a major Accenture Office preferably in Arlington, Virginia or Washington DC but other US office locations are negotiable
iDefense in Partnership with Accenture
Join iDefense in Partnership with Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
At Accenture, we're building something great – not just an innovative, next-generation threat intelligence platform, but just as importantly we're building a culture of innovation and collaboration where employees are encouraged to develop their own solutions to problems, pursue research projects to complement their formal role, and actively engage the broader security community.Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your world.
The Security Principal is a critical member of the iDefense Product Management team whose primary responsibilities are product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Security Principal's job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
In this position, you will be responsible for developing business requirements that are translated into functional and technical specifications that are effective for developers to formulate detailed designs and build unit test cases. The successful candidate is business savvy, can understand the nuances of complicated business algorithms and practices, and has significant technical depth such that he / she can express that business knowledge in a form for use by engineers. As a Security Principal, you are involved throughout the software development lifecycle and are responsible for supporting the team in their understanding of the requirements as well as managing change within the requirements documentation.
This is a high visibility position, working directly with senior individuals in both Engineering and Product Management. The ability to communicate well both orally and in writing as well as work independently is critical. The successful candidate will have a minimum 3+ years of demonstrated experience performing the following tasks:
Key Responsibilities May Include:
- Interact with customers and partners to discover and describe market requirements and strategy
- Translate market requirements into a well-defined product strategy and roadmap.
- Create product requirements that the engineering team can deliver within specification, on time, and with high quality.
- Drive the successful release of products working closely with engineering and a full cross-functional team including product marketing, sales, channels, service and support, network and operations, integration services, customer care, and billing.
- Write and develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools and technical white papers.
- Create and deliver sales training for the direct sales force as well as channel partner sales forces and technical services and support teams.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top