Retail Analytics Lead
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
Business Process Advisory professionals apply deep industry, domain and/or analytics skills to develop business insight, share recommendations with clients, and enable the implementation that helps clients realize business outcomes-such as revenue enhancement, operating cost reduction, working capital improvement and customer acquisitions.
The Analytics Advisory Manager leads business outcomes for clients through analytics either as embedded analytics or analytics as a Service. They leverage analytics to drive next generation initiatives and innovation in their respective capabilities. This role collaborates with delivery leads, account management and operational excellence teams to deliver client value through analytics and industry best practices
The Retail Analytics Lead brings in deep domain expertise, thought leadership, understanding of current and future trends of the retail industry and customer analytics. They manage all client-facing responsibilities and are fully accountable to ensure highest client satisfaction. They should be able to leverage experience and expertise to identify/recommend and implement business value use cases using analytics. This candidate will have led 10-12 member teams spread across onshore and offshore locations and they will work with delivery leads, account management and operational excellence teams.
- Overall project leader and accountable for project management
- Must ensure successful and timely delivery to client and accountable for enabling the client to take action on our recommendations.
- Must manage all communication with client to ensure the following:
- Deliverables and timelines are adhered as initially outlined
- Changes to deliverables or timelines are explicitly called out and expectations managed appropriately against this
- Client deliverable responsibilities during project are clearly understood by the client and timely follow-up by project lead is made to outline implications when not addressed
- Provide leadership to analysts in presentation development and in client presentations or work sessions either directly through presentation or supporting analysts in this regard
- Must serve as strong mentors to analysts in order to, assist them in their roles, aid them in their analytic development, support them against their career goals
- Lead development of best practices for the entire team in their practice area of responsibility
- Demonstrate leadership in identifying and acting on changes to practice area processes
- Practically demonstrate integration by including the client service teams throughout the project process
- Lead Project Plan and development of Analytics Solution and Ideation on Methodology and approach
- Excellent communication skills; ability to explain models and other statistical techniques to a
- non-technical audience and to be persuasive
- Ability to effectively translate impact of analytics tools into business metrics and to communicate analytical results to cross-functional teams and clients
- Best thinking in analytics and operations, builds, proposes and validates new areas of opportunity for business
- Demonstrated success presenting complex findings (qualitative and quantitative) in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action
- Capability to be the Subject Matter Expert Analytics in Retail
- Experience in Statistical techniques, including but not limited to:
- Regression modeling
- Design of Experiments and Hypothesis testing
- Multivariate Statistical Modeling
- Clustering and Segmentation (Support Vector Machines, CHAID, Decision trees, Random Forest etc.)
- Ability to leverage industry and domain knowledge to drive delivery excellence (best practices, quality principles, best-in-class technology and tools, productivity, analytics)
- Works with multiple stakeholders e.g. delivery leads, account management, clients and offshore teams
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Math, Computer Science, or Economics
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Marketing Research or Consumer Packaged Goods/Retail Industry
- Minimum of 5 years of business analytics experience
- Master's degree
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience
- Experience in fast-moving consumer facing industry working in targeted/database Marketing
- Strong leadership, analytic and problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Intermediate technical proficiencies in SAS
- Proficient in various marketing research statistical techniques
- Intermediate technical proficiencies in Microsoft Office Software
- Strong technical marketing research skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, influencing skills and presentation skills
- Ability to think and apply knowledge creatively
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
Professional Skill Requirements
Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
Desire to work in an information systems environment
Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Excellent leadership and management skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top