Regulated Energy Markets Team Lead
*Please note that this is a posting for anticipated future opportunities. The interview process could be extended based on the needs of the business.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Business Process Services and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Business Process Services professionals work on projects across a range of business processes, business applications and information technology. They may provide technology services, such as application management, infrastructure management and systems integration, or they may deliver business process services, including finance and accounting, procurement and human resources. Depending on the role, Business Process Services professionals may be based at a client's office or in one of Accenture's 50 delivery centers around the world.
Based in Atlanta, GA, the Regulated Energy Markets Lead will work as a key member of the Regulated Procurement Team within Energy. This position will be responsible for regulated rate analysis and recommendations for a range of commercial and industrial clients with a focus on utility tariff analysis and optimization, identification and recovery of utility overbillings and other cost reduction opportunities. The Sourcing Specialist should be well-versed on all regulated energy markets and excel at providing these services for clients throughout North America. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, regulated market intelligence, technical communication to clients, directing junior staff, utility tariff analysis, tariff negotiation with utilities, utility usage profiling and modeling and advanced data analysis in Excel. The Sourcing Specialist will also communicate with supplier partners, utilities, local distribution companies, and public utility commissions to gather timely, accurate, and complete energy market intelligence and maintain required client reporting tools for procurement team.
- Develop and/or enhance regulated deliverables that compare prices for accounts.
- Assess alternative rate tariffs and present pricing recommendations to internal and client management based on available data and client profile models.
- Facilitate the implementation process to expedite recommended changes with suppliers.
- Ensure all recommended opportunities are properly recorded in internal systems.
- Support internal tracking and monitoring of realized savings calculations.
- Develop strategies and techniques to support client budget forecasts for energy spend.
- Demonstrate industry expertise in strategies and processes for Regulated Client accounts. Collaborate with team of energy professionals to determine optimal energy strategy for clients.
- Effectively communicate complex market, regulatory, and risk management data to clients.
- Develop strong support relationships with functional leaders and key site operations personnel across all business units.
- Influence thought leaders within the organization and in our suppliers' organizations to identify and implement best practices.
- Implement Key Supplier Management for the most important suppliers in these categories. Ensure metrics, governance, and actions are in place for continuous improvement.
- Manage work progress communications through:
- Weekly updates to activity tracking systems.
- Weekly reporting of completed and planned tasks in weekly team meetings.
- Regular communication with Manager and Project Management (PMO/BPO) organizations.
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in the areas of energy procurement, energy markets, utilities, finance, risk management, and/or quantitative analysis
- MBA or other advanced degree
- 1 year experience in leading a small on or off shore team
- 1 year of project management experience in a corporate and/or professional services environment (experience in energy or sustainability preferred but not required)
- Ability to interface with customers and suppliers via strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Adaptable management style to conform to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with internal executives and practice leaders
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top