Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at http://www.accenture.com/ .
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
Business Process Specialization professionals apply expertise in a specific business process delivery capability (or capabilities) to ensure services are delivered in a manner consistent with our Standard Delivery Solutions and Service Level Agreements and drive continuous improvement.
The Proposal Writer translates complex technical solutions and services into clear, correct, coherent, cohesive, and concise writing. S/he develops compliant and compelling responses using a broad base of technical and functional knowledge, company-provided sales and technical resources and tools, and advanced writing abilities. The Proposal Writer provides writing and editorial expertise and collaborates with proposal teams at each stage of the sales process to write and edit RFx responses, content for oral presentations, and other sales related materials. S/he works with solution architects (SAs), subject matter experts (SMEs), and other members of the Proposal Management Team (PMT). The Proposal Writer may be assigned technical solution, functional solution, methodology, approach, or high-value sales sections of RFx responses. S/he will edit content to have a consistent voice across RFx as if written by a single author and ensure consistency of messaging and content aligns proposed solution to client objectives.
The Proposal Writer:
- Participates in proposal storyline development sessions with solution architects, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other stakeholders to clarify proposed solution and services
- Develops compliant and compelling proposal narrative by translating technical solutions, delivery methodologies, sales strategies, and win themes into easily understandable and readable responses
- Provides consistent messaging and content alignment with proposed solutions and services
- Incorporates client-centric techniques to develop compelling responses
- Develops a winning proposal response independently and through SA/SME interactions
- Supports Proposal Managers (PMs) and Volume Leads (VLs) in proposal planning, management, escalating issues, and providing input to status reports
- Collaborates with VLs, other Technical Writers, and proposal team members for compliance, consistency, and integration
- Collaborates with Graphic Designers (GDs) to develop meaningful and visually appealing figures, tables, and templates
- Checks assigned sections before each color or draft team review using the Wall of Truth
- Edits sections before each draft review
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor 's Degree in technical writing, English, or comparable communication related discipline
- Minimum 4 years professional writing experience
- Minimum 2 years proposal and/or sales focused technical writing experience
- Minimum 3 years experience working in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office products
- Copywriting, marketing and/or journalism experience is an advantage
- Advanced excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Good time management, ability to work under pressure, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management
- Experience in content research and/or working with research teams
- Experience in interviewing subject matter experts
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top