Program Management Director - Fjord New York
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we're able to do work that changes the world, and we're always looking for kindred spirits.
Program Management Director
At Fjord, Program Management guides our projects and defines our processes. Program Managers at Fjord are strategic problem-solvers who preserve design at the center of the work while achieving our client's goals.
As a Program Management Director, you are responsible for Program Management as a discipline, and play a management role in directly growing a team of Program Managers to ensure that projects are managed successfully from pitch to completion, while adhering to processes.
This is your opportunity to shape the craft with a team that leads and drives innovation projects for global clients.
As a team, we:
- Facilitate and align communication between the client and the project team.
- Ensure all aspects of projects are completed on-time and on-budget.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail.
As a Program Management Director, you:
- Guide projects from pitch to completion by facilitating team productivity, managing client expectations, and providing a layer of communication between teams and stakeholders.
- Serve as a key conduit between line functions and finance to ensure minimal risk, maximum profitability, and efficiency of overall delivery.
- Support the studio's new business development and sales efforts by providing strategic delivery guidelines, scope and timeline guidance, budget estimates, growing responsible key accounts, and business groups.
- Lead the evolution of the studio's Program Management capability.
- Oversee the project governance, management, tools, and techniques across all projects at Fjord within responsible business groups.
- Assume responsibility for overall project budget tracking and profitability within responsible business groups and key accounts.
- Attend, help plan, and network at studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people's lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
+ Basic qualifications
- 10+ years of digital program management and delivery management experience with roles of increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Program Management or related field.
- Certified Product Owner and/or Certified Product Scrum Master.
- Knowledge of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization.
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level whether observing or interviewing customers or working with fellow team members and clients.
- A passion for representing the human perspective in design and skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
- A high level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
- A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems - addressing them effectively and efficiently.
- A visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to communicate in a clear, consistent, and transparent manner.
- Experience in growing and mentoring a dynamic team.
- A strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do.
- Advanced understanding of project accounting.
- Ability to cost estimate a large range of project types, and to track and meet budgets.
- Experience in presenting to and interacting with senior management of client organizations.
- Demonstrated experience managing creative and interactive initiatives.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with and manage a wide variety of professional staff.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in mediation, negotiation, presentation, and conflict resolution.
- Professional, flexible, and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top