Organization: Corporate Functions/IT Operations
Location: US Negotiable
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
IT Operations professionals support infrastructure operations and/or manage delivery for IT production systems and services based on operational requirements and service agreements.
- Lead the P+ Hardware and Telecom Domain at Global level:
- Establish targeted Global executive relationships to drive aligned multiyear strategies and enabling agreements with P+ Market SD Leadership
- Responsible for the definition of the Global strategy for the Hardware end Telecom Domain in alignment with the Global category goals
- Drive and measure Domain value and excellent service while ensuring compliance with strategy and policies
- Functional responsibility for P+ Market team members allocated to the Hardware and Telecom Domain
- Drive project pipeline and forecast of sourcing activity
- Lead the P+ Hardware and Telecom Domain strategy interface with the Ecosystem Supplier Management (ESM) team:
- Establish targeted executive relationships to drive aligned multiyear strategies and enabling agreements supporting ESM and Client Deal Team projects
- Accountable for strategy in alignment with Accenture strategic initiatives and the P+/ESM collaboration model
- Accountable to implement Global/Market Domain strategy and sourcing agreements Drive and measure Domain value and excellent service while ensuring compliance with strategy and policies
- Drive project pipeline and forecast of sourcing activity
- Manage the Hardware and Telecom Domain at Global level:
- Manage and develop the Domain organization structure aligned with the GCD and P+ Market SD Leads
- Manage direct reports and/or targeted positions incl. target setting, performance review, and career and training development
- Set stakeholder objectives and obtain ownership buy-in
- Assess impact of Market changing requirements, including legislation and policies
- Actively support roll-out of Global category development initiatives
- Support strong and robust procurement and category infrastructure aimed at optimizing activities
- Create Global stakeholder and supplier relationships by having regular executive meetings and/or being included in executive staff meetings/reviews
- Ensure execution and measure of the yearly action plans to improve the Domain performance
- Actively participate in category or Domain community calls and foster team spirit and collaboration
- Adopt a cross-category mindset and share Domain knowledge & best practices with team members from other categories
- Ensure implementation of procurement initiatives and sourcing agreements:
- Coordinate resource allocation to support Global/Market initiatives and ensure successful rollout
- Lead and support strategic category management and procurement activities
- Support Global/Market category execution by setting implementation plans and measurements/reporting
- Identify, support and implement other improvement initiatives e.g. specification optimization
- Promote the use of contracts and buying channels according to category strategies
- Manage supplier and customer relationships:
- - Manage supplier relationships in line with both the Global category and 360 Center of Excellence Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) strategies
- - Develop and maintain effective strategic relationships with key internal customers and stakeholders
- - Manage internal customer feedback on category organization & supplier performance
- - Proactively organize sessions with internal customers to identify value contribution opportunities
- - Ensure that input from stakeholders is considered in the category strategy and sourcing processes
- - Engage as a key escalation point and work to successfully resolve Global, Market and local issues
- Perform category management and sourcing activities for projects on a Global level:
- Manage the category strategy implementation/execution for Global projects and initiatives
- Design and develop relevant RFP documents for projects in line with Global strategies
- Ensure alignment with Global strategies when rolling out to the Market or MU Category Leads
- Determine best source for negotiating agreements with suppliers and incorporate best practice metrics for agreements
- Involve the business for actions related to supplier base optimization, KPI implementation and SRM
- Drive deep market intelligence into all aspects of the value proposition
- Support Ventures & Acquisitions (V&A):
- Be the key point of contact to the V&A team for P+ Technology category related needs
- Coordinate activities (supplier onboarding, negotiations, contracts) and connect the V&A team with the respective Technology category teams (both Category Management and Service Delivery)
- Ensure timely execution of activities and quality delivery
- Key Relationships:
- Other P+ Technology P+ Technology Domain Leads and Market Category Leads
- P+ Technology SD Teams
- ESM team
- Stakeholders (CIO, ISA, LTS...)
- Legal team
- V&A team
- Market, MU and Country P+ and GS Leads
- Other P+ team members
- Other Accenture teams (Data Privacy, Information Security...)
- A bachelor's degree with emphasis on the areas of business, economics, procurement, Information Technology or comparable professional education
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in similar or adequate roles in procurement environment, with project and people management elements
- Minimum 6 years of experience working with senior executives to implement and manage initiatives in a highly complex matrix organization
- Proven multi-year track record in the Information Technology industry and solid procurement background
- Expert in P+ Technology Global Category Management and strategic sourcing as well as project management and planning
- Extensive knowledge of the IT Hardware industry (computers, peripherals, tablets, servers...) and the Telecom market (networks, services and devices)
- Deep knowledge of procurement and category strategy development and conveyance
- Proven knowledge in sourcing and procurement methodologies and concepts
- Proven knowledge of the global business units and Accenture go-to-market landscape including commercial models
- Strong in executive communication and persuasion
- Very strong in stakeholder and relationship management as well as supplier management
- Strong in Technology category risk and compliance management
- Strong capability to independently interact throughout the broader Accenture organization
- Strong analytical, presentation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong knowledge of procurement tools content and data analysis
- Project and process management knowledge and experience
- Forward looking, out of the box thinking and an innovative, disruptive, and open mindset
- Action oriented and solution minded team player with high degree of self-management
- Ability to manage multiple projects, adopt a flexible approach and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Comfortable navigating in a multicultural environment across different time zones
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Technology category proficiency (Hardware, Software, Telecom)
- Stakeholder management
- Supplier relationship management
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
GA - Atlanta,MA - Boston,NY - New York,PA - Berwyn,VA - Arlington