Procurement Category Advisor, Technology
Accenture is one of the world's leading providers of sourcing and procurement services, we help our clients architect, build and operate high performance procurement organizations through our global and flexible solutions. At Accenture we partner with forward-thinking business leaders of the world's most dynamic companies, to transform procurement and drive sustainable changes to their cost structures.
As one of the leading procurement Business Process Services specialists, Accenture excels at helping companies build the foundation for long-term growth. We are committed to delivering exceptional service through our exceptional people, and as an employee you'd enjoy a fulfilling career in an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Business Process Services and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Business Process Services professionals for technology work on projects across a range of technology categories such as Software, Services and infrastructure. For one or more of the aforementioned categories, they provide clients seasoned insights, thought leadership, and market leading advice as part of executing sourcing events, delivering commercial constructs and negotiating complex deals. A key aspect of the role is to build and manage relationships with client stakeholders across all levels including the C-suite. Depending on the project, Business Process Services professionals travel to client sites as required.
Accenture is seeking a strong thought leader with deep category expertise for the role of Procurement Category Advisor within the Technology Procurement Category Advisory practice. This position is focused on sourcing and category knowledge in the one or more of the following technology categories:
As a Procurement Category Advisor, you will harvest market intelligence content in the key categories; infuse category insights and strategies into opportunity assessments, sourcing projects, and sales pursuits; and coach and guide sourcing project managers with strategic oversight on projects within respective areas.
- Develop and maintain category-specific knowledge assets and market intelligence that capture expertise / best practices
- Provide strategic sourcing oversight and category knowledge in support of the Sourcing Project Management function on projects within categories of expertise
- Infuse market insights into the sourcing process on projects within categories of expertise
- In collaboration with Sourcing Project Management and/or Procurement Practice Advisory, engage with customers' senior management team members to provide perspective on current market trends to inform client strategic decisions/sourcing initiatives in line with business goals and objectives
- Leverage category expertise to support new sales and drive significant client business value
- Establish, grow, and leverage network of suppliers, industry practitioners, and procurement professionals within categories of expertise
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and customer stakeholders to identify continuous cost and performance improvement strategies
- Provide educational and learning opportunities to internal colleagues and external clients (ex. Webinar, Spend Trends publications) on industry trends, supplier landscape changes, and market intel within categories of expertise
- Coach and develop sourcing project managers in their professional development and pursuit of building category knowledge within area of expertise
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 7 years of technology sourcing/ technology consulting/or related experience
- Minimum of 3 years of strategic sourcing, consulting or related professional industry experience related to ONE or more of the following areas:
- Thorough understanding of the supplier landscape and interpretation of market trends within the identified categories listed above.
- Demonstrated success
- Ability to develop and frequently refresh market intelligence and insight tools to support internal sourcing teams and educate external client stakeholders
- Ability to apply insights to customer's situation for meaningful impact
- Ability to influence and persuade senior level client stakeholders
- Effective coaching skills and ability to develop others
- Ability to adapt to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers
- Ability to interface with customers and suppliers via strong written and verbal communications skills
- Existing positive relationships within industries related to the identified categories listed above.
- Strong sourcing knowledge to be able to translate category to sourcing strategy
- Well-developed, solution-oriented selling skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to drive transformational change
- Solid multi-phase project management skills
- Strong ability to effectively manage in a matrix organizational structure working with multiple internal stakeholders
- Exceptional track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
- This position requires travel of approximately 20-30% to multiple customer locations
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top