Pharmaceutical Research - Management Consulting Manager
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Locations: IL - Chicago, IL - Chicago, MA - Boston, NJ - Florham Park, NY -New York, PA - Berwyn, PA - Philadelphia, PA - Philadelphia.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or to create new markets. They progress through required promotion points in market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales and revenue.
The Research / Early Discovery position is in the Client & Market career track within Accenture’s global Accelerated R&D Services (ARDS) Consulting Practice. Our R&D business provides innovative solutions that help pharmaceutical companies focus on the science of getting new products to patients faster - across research, clinical, regulatory, pharmacovigilance and medical affairs. We help our clients with their priorities:
- Focusing on patient engagement throughout development
- Advancing the next generation of R&D operating models resulting in better collaboration
- Driving scientific and operational excellence and enabling efficient information analysis
- Harnessing the digital R&D revolution, using real world data to address customer needs
ARDS is a global industry business service and spans all five of Accenture’s businesses (Strategy, Consulting, Technology, Operations, Digital), which allows us to bring integrated end-to-end solutions to our clients.
An R&D Consulting professional at the Manager level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Leading the effort to define the team structure, framework and approach on new assignments, managing junior team members, aligning with client expectations and tracking to delivery of high quality, timely work products.
- Identifying, assessing and solving complex business problems within Research, leveraging in-depth knowledge and industry experience in chemistry, assay data management, OMICS, biologics, translational science, etc.
- Conducting or overseeing industry and client research and analysis to identify industry trends and opportunities for improvement within Research / Early Discovery and Preclinical.
- Leading the design, development and implementation of business operating models, including vision and strategy, business processes, organizational and governance structures, supporting tools and templates, and performance metrics
- Overseeing change management activities, developing communications, training and job aids to support Research capability implementations
- Contributing to the growth of Research / Early Discovery capabilities within the R&D Consulting Practice by leading new business proposals and presentations, participating in recruiting activities, and providing coaching and mentoring to consultants and analysts
- Typically our Managers work at client sites, which often requires travel. This position may require up to 75% travel, depending on your location and specific project responsibilities.
It is our intention for our people to work where they live. However, in the context of our profession and serving our clients there may be times when you will need to travel.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Biology, Chemistry, Clinical Sciences or a related field
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Minimum 5 years combined Life Sciences industry and Consulting (with an emphasis in management consulting) experience
- Deep understanding in one or more of the following: pharmacology, biologics, genomics, cheminformatics, translational science
- Understanding of research / laboratory processes and methods, assay workflows, data management and data curation
- Proficiency with business analysis and process design/re-design within Research / Early Discovery
- Experience in one or more of the following: knowledge mining, scientific data curation, target profiling, drug repositioning
- Experience working with executives in Life Sciences R&D
- Proven experience leading teams and exceptional team building/ mentoring skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent leadership, client-facing communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a top tier consulting firm
- Technically savvy and/or interest in working with technology as part of identifying and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of bioinformatics market / bioinformatics software market
- Experience with scientific software/ knowledge management solutions
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top