Pharma R&D Technology Consultant – Argus Safety
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales and revenue.
This position is for a Client & Market career track within Accenture's global Accelerated R&D Services (ARDS) Consulting Practice. Our R&D business provides innovative solutions that help pharmaceutical companies focus on the science of getting new products to patients faster - across research, clinical, regulatory, pharmacovigilance and medical affairs. We help our clients with their priorities:
- Focusing on patient engagement throughout development
- Advancing the next generation of R&D operating models resulting in better collaboration
- Driving scientific and operational excellence and enabling efficient information analysis
- Harnessing the digital R&D revolution, using real world data to address customer needs
ARDS is a global industry business service and spans all five of Accenture's businesses (Strategy, Consulting, Technology, Operations, Digital), which allows us to bring integrated end-to-end solutions to our clients.
As a member of the Accelerated R&D Services team, you will have the opportunity to help grow a new and exciting business. In your new role, you will provide proprietary software assets and industry best practices to deliver best-in-class R&D services to our clients as well as help them to develop business process innovations. With a focus on clinical services, you will play a key role in helping clients become high-performance R&D organizations by applying industry best practices across all aspects of research and development (pre-clinical through launch). This includes all domain areas (discovery, pre-clinical, clinical, regulatory), processes and technologies used in the discovery and development of pharmaceuticals and medical products.
Example projects include designing and implementing technologies used to discover and develop compounds and devices (analytical tools, EDC, CTMS, etc.), post merger organizational and technology rationalization, and R&D operating model design and optimization. The Clinical Technology Services Consultant will contribute to a R&D project (typically systems implementation) and will be responsible for specific deliverables or directing a subset of activities, often including those of clients and vendors. A person in this role will be responsible for maintaining the business critical Drug Safety System which is based on Oracles' Argus Safety Suite at the client. Our work is performed on site with our clients, and depending on candidate location this position may require travel up to 75%, typically weekly, Monday - Thursday.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
- Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
- Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top