Pharma R&D Management Consulting Senior Manager
Locations: Boston, NYC/Florham Park, Philadelphia, Chicago
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities
around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements
and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled
opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering
innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing
market-relevant insights to increase market share or to create new markets.
They progress through required promotion points in market-facing roles that
have a direct impact on sales and revenue.
This position is for a Client& Market career track within Accenture's global
Accelerated R&D Services (ARDS) Consulting Practice. Our R&D business
provides innovative solutions that help pharmaceutical companies focus on the
science of getting new products to patients faster - across research, clinical,
regulatory, pharmacovigilance and medical affairs. We help our clients with their
- Focusing on patient engagement throughout development
- Advancing the next generation of R&D operating models resulting in better
- Driving scientific and operational excellence and enabling efficient information
- Harnessing the digital R&D revolution, using real world data to address
ARDS is a global industry business service and spans all five of Accenture's
businesses (Strategy, Consulting, Technology, Operations, Digital), which allows
us to bring integrated end-to-end solutions to our clients.
R&D Consulting professionals work closely with our clients to design, build
and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance, which
requires our people to understand how business, technology and operations
intersect. Our deep understanding of our clients' industry and our global
perspective on progressive business ideas and emerging technologies enables
us to drive and deliver transformational change.
Typically our Senior Managers work at client sites, which requires travel. This
position may require up to 100% travel, depending on candidate location and
specific project responsibilities.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has responsibilities for the
- Providing strong R&D functional knowledge and expertise to team members
- Providing solutions to complex business problems within an area of
responsibility, where analysis of situations and/ or data requires in-depth R&D
industry knowledge and an understanding of an organization's objectives
- Leading teams (managers, consultants, analysts) on client engagements, with
accountability for (1) correct focus and alignment to client expectations, (2) ontime
completion of the work, and (3) a work product meeting or exceeding the
highest quality standards
- Using research and professional experience to develop innovative thought
leadership and points of view and to contribute relevant industry insights to
project teams and clients
- Leading teams in the design, development and implementation of business
operating models, (e.g., vision and strategy, business processes, organizational
and governance structures, supporting tools and templates, performance
metrics), and the related change management activities associated with
- Defining the strategic direction of a project team aligned to client interests and
expectations, working with the team manager to communicate and execute that
strategic direction effectively within the project team
- Interacting with senior management at a client and/ or within Accenture, which
may involve negotiating or influencing on matters of significant importance
- Using latitude in decision making and judgment to determine solutions to day-today
and project challenges
- Managing large teams and/ or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at
a client or within Accenture
- Contributing to the growth of the R&D Consulting Practice by identifying and
pursuing new business opportunities, leading proposals, presentations, recruiting
activities, and by coaching and mentoring managers, consultants, analysts.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top