Pharma R&D Management Consultant
Pharmaceutical R&D Management Consultant
Locations: Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, New York, Florham Park
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or to create new markets. They progress through required promotion points in market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales and revenue.
This position is for a Client & Market career track within Accenture's global Accelerated R&D Services (ARDS) Consulting Practice. Our R&D business provides innovative solutions that help pharmaceutical companies focus on the science of getting new products to patients faster - across research, clinical, regulatory, pharmacovigilance and medical affairs. We help our clients with their priorities:
- Focusing on patient engagement throughout development
- Advancing the next generation of R&D operating models resulting in better collaboration
- Driving scientific and operational excellence and enabling efficient information analysis
- Harnessing the digital R&D revolution, using real world data to address customer needs
ARDS is a global industry business service and spans all five of Accenture's businesses (Strategy, Consulting, Technology, Operations, Digital), which allows us to bring integrated end-to-end solutions to our clients.
R&D Consulting professionals work closely with our clients to design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance, which requires our people to understand how business, technology and operations intersect. Our deep understanding of our clients' industry and our global perspective on progressive business ideas and emerging technologies enables us to drive and deliver transformational change. Typically, consultants
Typically our Consultants work at client sites, which often requires travel. This position may require up to 75% travel, depending on candidate location and specific project responsibilities.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has responsibilities for the following activities:
- Providing R&D functional knowledge
- Determining methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance, adapting existing methodologies to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems
- Conducting industry and client research and analysis to identify industry trends and opportunities for improvement
- Supporting design, development and implementation of business operating models, including vision and strategy, business processes, organizational and governance structures, supporting tools and templates, and performance metrics
- Participating in change management activities, developing communications, training and job aids to support capability implementation
- Understanding the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals and translating this direction into individual work efforts aligned with that strategic direction
- Using considerable judgment to determine solutions to day-to-day challenges and seeking guidance on complex problems
- Managing small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
- Contributing to the growth of the R&D Consulting Practice by assisting with new business proposals and presentations, recruiting activities, and informal coaching and mentoring to analysts
Primary upward interaction at this level typically occurs with the direct supervisor. Additional interaction will occur with peers, management levels at a client, and within Accenture.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top