Performance Diagnostic Engineer
ARE YOU READY to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the next level?
Do you have a passion for using new technologies to make a positive impact on business and community? Want a role that provides you with a sense of purpose and satisfaction? Then join Accenture Technology and build a rewarding career improving the way the world works and lives, as you help clients shift to the New using leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Thrive in our highly collaborative, digitally-driven and innovation-led environment. Nurture your talent for thoughtful and game changing solutions in our inclusive culture that values diversity of ideas, experiences and backgrounds.
WORK YOU'LL DO
As a Performance Diagnostic Engineer, some of your key responsibilities may include:
- Defining the strategy for enabling performance diagnostics and monitoring through the use of an Application Performance Management (APM) tool, other monitoring tools, and diagnostic techniques.
- Identifying, evaluating, and recommending monitoring tools and diagnostic techniques relevant to the application architecture. Assess gaps in as-is monitoring tool capabilities and recommend tools to augment or replace.
- Learning an application's design to assess for performance risks and identify areas to apply past learnings
- Instrumenting applications to enable performance diagnostics and monitoring
- Collaborating with Performance Engineering leads and project team to review and refine application NFRs, SLAs, & KPIs to create acceptance criteria and performance budgets necessary to measure, validate, and improve performance
- Collaborating with developers to promote the concept of performance engineering during all phases of the SDLC to detect and correct performance issues earlier in the lifecycle
- Monitoring application performance during performance tests or production usage through the use of APM and other monitoring tools to isolate the fault domain, dive deep into application code, and identify root cause of performance issues.
- Utilizing static code and dynamic code analysis to identify performance and maintenance concerns
- Profiling application performance from end-user perspective to inventory performance concerns and suggest tuning opportunities across the application stack
- Performing deep dive JVM analysis examining garbage collection logs, heap dumps, and thread dumps as needed.
- Documenting performance findings and recommendations
- Interacting with client and/or Accenture development, operations, and infrastructure resources to recommend solutions to remediate performance issues
- Participating in re-architecture, redesign, and refactoring decisions to satisfy performance requirements
- Developing dashboards and reports to provide ongoing visibility into the performance of client applications
- Contributing learnings and experiences to the Accenture Performance Engineering community
+ Basic qualifications
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum of 4 years' hands-on experience with performance tuning, diagnostic or monitoring
- Minimum of 2 years' hands-on design / development experience (e.g. Java, .Net, etc.)
- Minimum 1 year's hands-on experience performance diagnostics tools (e.g. AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, CA APM (previously Wily Introscope), etc.)
- Experience delivering software designed for high concurrency, scalability, or availability
- Experience using Application Performance Management (APM) tools (e.g. AppDyanmics, DynaTrace, New Relic, CA Introscope APM, HP Diagnostics)
- Hands-on experience collecting performance data, analyzing, troubleshooting, and tuning
- Hands on analysis, reverse engineering, debugging, and profiling Java code (e.g. Eclipse Profiler, Eclipse TPTP, JProbe, JProfiler, Yourkit, VisualVM, Valgrind, NetBeans profiler, JConsole, JBoss Profiler, JAMon, JRocket Flight Recorder)
- Exposure to Cloud, SaaS, and virtualization concepts and performance concerns
- Exposure to application threading and concurrency concerns
- Working knowledge of operating system design , processes, and threading model
- Bachelor's degree
Professional Skill Requirements
- This role requires 100% travel flexibility to travel and work onsite with clients (typically Monday - Thursday)
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive benefits, including a fair and balanced parental leave policy.
- At Accenture, we believe in bringing the best to our clients through continuous learning & improvement - from basic skills to industry-specific content - available to all our people.
- Career coaching and mentorship to help you manage your career and develop professionally.
- Performance Achievement - our performance management process that focuses on your strengths, progress and career possibilities.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career across a variety of clients.
- Opportunities to get involved in corporate citizenship initiatives, from volunteering to doing charity work.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top