Payroll Tax Associate Manager
- Knoxville, TN
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
The Payroll Tax Associate Manager has a full range of responsibilities for employment tax compliance related to federal income tax withholding, federal unemployment, navigation of IRS processes, supplemental wages, regulatory, tax law research, interpretation and application, and IRS audits for all of the client's businesses that provide services for lodging and corporate entities. Specifically, the Payroll Tax Associate Manager is responsible for the following:
- Providing accurate and timely federal tax returns and deposits as submitted in the review process
- Ensuring compliance with internal control responsibilities of all tax review and table maintenance processes under their responsibility
- Overseeing policies and procedures for the timely withholding of federal employment taxes, timely deposit of all liabilities, timely responses to the IRS, and proper implementation of tax related changes
- Constantly working with payroll software systems with emphasis on overseeing periodic maintenance, updating tax rates, and generating the appropriate employee or employer data
- Managing the proper taxation of stock transactions
- Assisting clients in areas relating to payroll tax compliance, IRS notices, audit, laws and regulations
- Researching tax laws, tax regulations and court cases relevant to income taxation Identifying clients potential liabilities and initiating exposure analysis
- Identifying opportunities to improve process execution and securing federal tax refunds tax savings
- Providing oversight of union initiated internal audits
- Managing GL accounting research and resolution. as well as Federal Tax reconciliations
- Coordinating internally and with clients various departments to ensure smooth work flow
- Successfully operating a legacy payroll system and Oracle HCM
- Imparting knowledge on payroll administration, payroll processing, deductions and exemptions
- Minimum of 4 years of Federal payroll tax experience, including compliance, research and analysis, and federal IRS tax audits or 5 years experience in Payroll Tax / Payroll accounting experience.
- Degree in accounting, finance, or a related discipline
- Strong abilities in Excel spreadsheet analysis and data management
- Wide experience in analyzing, navigating and resolving IRS tax notices
- Familiarity with drafting and analyzing Federal tax forms e.g. Forms 941, 941 X, 941 VI, 940, 940 Amended, W 2, W 2c, W 3, W 4, and others
- Relevant experience in tax research e.g. i dentifying and understanding specific provisions in Federal tax laws and regulations BNA research
- Experience in the technology aspect of payroll
- Experience with Oracle
- Handled payroll accounting function in current or prior job
- Strong leadership qualities
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity: All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Back to top