Opportunity Centric Marketing Senior Manager – North America – Communications, Media & Technology
Organization: Corporate Functions/Marketing and Communication
Location: New York or San Francisco
Bring your big ideas and marketing expertise to Accenture and you may find that your career catapults to places you never imagined. As a leader in management consulting, technology and outsourcing services, our teams work closely with clients to improve the way the world works and lives. Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you'll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
Corporate Functions – Marketing & Communications
As part of this team, you'll play a key role in helping Accenture execute its strategy. You'll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas: global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
YOUR ROLE: Opportunity Centric Marketing Senior Manager – North America – Communications, Media & Technology
The role of Opportunity Centric Marketing (OCM) Senior Manager for the Communications, Media & Technology (CMT) operating group in North America is one of both strategic marketing and tactical marketing execution. Teaming with the CMT local Marketing Leads, this person will work with CMT account teams to define clear Opportunity Centric Marketing strategies. The candidate must be able to translate what he/she learn about specific sales situations (e.g. competitive environment, buyer values, client perception of Accenture, etc.) into a set of marketing objectives around which programs can be built. Then, teaming with the CMT local Marketing Leads and collaborating with internal and external parties (agencies, vendors, Marketing Shared Services, etc.), the CMT North America Opportunity Centric Marketing Lead will take a hands-on approach to implement those programs with a particular focus on the largest and most strategic CMT deals to be supported by marketing.
Responsibilities include teaming with CMT local Marketing Leads and working with CMT account teams to define clear and crisp messages with the help of professional writers; conducting competitive research, preparing client company profiles and developing client executive power maps with the help of Accenture Research; establishing visual identities and theme lines for the Accenture offer/response and creating a comprehensive marketing program that may include a number of opportunity centric marketing deliverables (e.g. executive summary, teambook, microsite, videos and other creative treatments, etc.), leveraging as much as possible digital and innovative marketing tactics.
This person will also interface on an ongoing basis with the CMT North America Marketing Lead to conduct regular demand planning and pipeline reviews, identify priority deals requiring marketing support in the pipeline, socialize OCM in the region, share success stories and help "sell" OCM for specific deals.
The candidate must work well under pressure as many OCM programs have extremely short timelines. While many programs recycle ideas and similar tactics from prior initiatives, the candidate should also be a creative thinker, able to devise non-traditional approaches that will differentiate the Accenture proposition and make it memorable in the minds of our clients.
- Interface with CMT North America Marketing Lead to review and monitor the pipeline, and identify the largest and most strategic deals requiring OCM support
- Define targeted marketing strategies helping account teams influence the thinking and perception of clients
- Lead the recommendation, planning, coordination and execution of integrated OCM programs with a particular focus on the largest and most strategic CMT deals, teaming with the respective CMT local Marketing Leads
- Provide strategic guidance to CMT local Marketing Leads and CMT account teams regarding positioning and communication tactics to be used
- Conduct message development sessions to clarify and improve existing messages with the help of professional writers
- Identify deal-appropriate content for use in programs based on knowledge gained from the CMT account teams
- Direct the work of writers in creating content for programs and review / edit content as necessary
- Manage and coordinate the work of external vendors or other internal parties creating marketing deliverables
- Provide QA assistance on the largest deals being supported by marketing
- Estimate program costs, create and manage program budgets
- Report regularly on program activities for program tracking purposes
- Capture best practices from programs worked on to share with peers
- Build awareness of OCM success within the region by sharing best practices and success stories
- Contribute to the innovation and industrialization initiatives driven by the CMT OCM Central Hub
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top