Operational Risk Consutlant (W)
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Working closely with our clients, Consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise-strategic, industry, functional, technical-in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting or technology consulting. Typically, Consultants work at client sites, which often requires travel.
By joining the Accenture Finance and Risk team you will play a central role in helping organizations achieve their strategic and derived operational, reporting and compliance goals. Our experienced professionals and cutting-edge solutions enable organizations to cost-effectively manage risks initiatives and controls.
As a Risk Management business consultant, you will support clients businesses in fulfilling compliance requirements cost-efficiently, providing insights for management to confirm that the company is on target in achieving its expected return while controlling exposure to risk. Through refining and optimizing our clients' abilities to identify risks, evaluate scenarios, determine response and monitor progress, we create substantial shareholder and economic value.
We have Management Consulting opportunities for you within the Risk Management Practice servicing the Financial Services Industry.
Much of the work we do is at the cutting edge of innovation and thinking. We involve our consultants in publishing and sharing this knowledge as thought leadership to benefit clients, industry and fellow colleagues.
Risk Measurement, Analytics, Reporting and Process Excellence professionals help firms to follow a structured approach to managing risks across the organization by using an Enterprise risk management framework; build deep expertise in managing specific risks like Credit, Market, Operational, Supply Chain, Sustainability and Technology risks; integrate the risk and finance capabilities by creating common processes, systems re-using data sources; create and disseminate a risk culture throughout the firm.
Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems. Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals. Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems. Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
Process Excellence and Change Enablement professionals transform change through process and change interventions that integrate strategy, technology and people - to drive value for clients.
+ Basic qualifications
- Minimum 2 years of experience performing Risk Measurements, Analytics and Reporting within the Banking, and/or Capital Markets industries.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3 years proven successful track record, offering impeccable service delivery and client - business development
- Minimum of 3 years of risk measurement, analytics and reporting experience within Quantification and validation of Basel parameters, i.e. PDs, LGDs and EAD, Economic and Regulatory Capital calculation
- Experience in extracting, aggregating and structuring large volumes of data along different dimensions (eg: position/ instrument/ counterparty level)
- Firm Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Strong Understanding of Front and Back Office operations a plus
- High competence in developing presentations required (MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel))
- Effective team management and leadership skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, demanding and team-oriented environment
- Bachelor's degree, emphasis on business, finance, or economics preferred.
- MBA preferred
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer. Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top